1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Attacking Iran Mean the End of These United States as a World Power?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

It is just for these reasons that I believe we will not attack Iran unless we are provoked. We are going to show our mussels like a beach bully just to keep Ahmadinejad contained. If he attacks a neighbor he will be toast. If he attacks a US warship he will be toast. Granted the US is holding their guns with a hair trigger. I think that it is more likely that if Israel believes that Ahmadinejad is working on nuclear weapons, it will be they who will initiate the attack and we would be left with the pieces. Right now though the EU is desperately trying to work out a treaty as it is they are the ones in need of the oil more than we are.

#61 Palatka51, Mar 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2008
  2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This is too funny ...

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

What can I say? :laugh: I was at a loss for anything else. It took some time to think of that! Why, I might have the mind of a beach bully.[​IMG][​IMG]

4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. I seriously doubt Bush removed someone just so he could declare war on Iran before the next election. Come on. With all the other problems going on economically, this really should not be a worry right now.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think he was referring to the spelling of 'muscles' :D

6. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

[​IMG]Wow, am I really having a brainy day to day?[​IMG]

7. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

There are about 2,500 Canadian troops in Afghanistan and about 27,000 US. Not to denigrate the Canadian effort, but a little perspective might be helpful.

What else is new? I've heard that my entire life.

8. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

As CENTCOM commander, it is not Fallon's job to make policy or go to the foreign press and criticise the administration. That is why he's gone now.

And Roberts, as we all know, has been sounding the alarm about an imminent attack on Iran for several years now. I believe he is also the character who warned that Bush was about to explode a nuke off the coast of Virginia.

9. queenbee

queenbee Member

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate what you Canadians have done as our ally, queenbee. Please excuse any of my conservative U.S. brethren who lack appreciation of the sacrifices of Canadians and their military personnel.

Your comments are well put.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It is the United States in the present dimension in which he exists. When he lived in the 4th dimension of earth (before he supported Ron Paul) it was called "those" United States of America.

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I second the motion. Unfortunately, there are many Americans who will continue to bash Canada regardless of what they do. I only wish it wasn't so cold up there, it would be a wonderful place to live otherwise (I don't like the cold).

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The US has no better friend than Canada. She has been there to help when needed, and friend enough to not participate in our government's foolish invasion of Iraq.

14. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Not so. 20,000 troops is about what we had in there from the start.

Thanks for your help, even if it comes along with a side order of much grousing and gnashing of teeth. Do you doubt that the US would have stood by Canada's side as long as it took, had the AQ attacked one of your major cities? Do you think we would have needed to be cajoled into it?

15. queenbee

queenbee Member

Ouch! - my point to Carpro is simply that there are other countries out there supporting the US in a variety of ways and making ultimate sacrifices too. He shouldn't be so careless, condescending, nor uneducated with his remarks and then I wouldn't have to give my side order of grousing. Yes, I would like to think that the US would come to our aid if our country were attacked.

I'm going to go have my morning cuppa java now and finish gumming my toast :D

16. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

lol...And so will I :smilewinkgrin:

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Unfortunately, I don't think it will take another unnessary invasion to bring down the United States. I think that the recent emergency (Fed's term not mine) in the mortgage and stock markets and the extreme weakness in the dollar will do the trick with one more thing yet to come. With the dollar so weak and the US hated by most of the oil producing world, they will attack us economically (ironically the same way we defeated the USSR) by denominating oil in Euro's rather than dollars. This will cause the dollar to meltdown and our economy to crash.

Do I want this to happen? Of course not. I live here and don't want to go through a depression like my mother did. But Bush's policies like propping up Bear Stearns' gambling on subprime mortgages and throwing everything we had to prop up the stock market for the 2008 election and to save the fortunes of his wealthy cronies will finally come home to roost. This says nothing about the cost of the unnecessary 5 year (and counting) war in Iraq.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

19. queenbee

queenbee Member

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist