1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Calvin be in heaven?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jun 19, 2006.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

[quote=2BHizown]Bottom line, Christ died to save sinners!
    Thats the murderers, prostitutes, thieves, gossips, hate mongerers and such!

The physician doesnt come to heal the well but the sick, the condemned, that they might go free!

Thankfully its all by God's grace that anyone at all is saved because everyone deserves death for being a sinner, Calvin, you, me and all else!![/quote]

I find it incredible that this is even being discussed. Doesn't 2B sum it up above? Is Calvin in heaven? As opposed to some on this board, I definitely hope so. Wouldn't you?

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Why do you find it incredible? I for one would desire that all come to repentance, but all have not nor will not. “Unless ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.” My question to you is , is there any evidence that Calvin ever showed remorse or repented for the atrocity and heinous act he was directly involved in?

#42 Heavenly Pilgrim, Jun 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2006
  3. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

But as I had pointed out earlier, that can even be debated. He may have rejected the fourth century expression of the Trinity, as well as the word "trinity", but then neither are in the Bible, and the earlier Pre-Nicene Church held views very similar to his, and right up to the Nicene council, many "orthodox" leaders were suspicious of the creed's terminology. You can even see this in Kelley's Early Christian Doctrines.