1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will futbol ever become popular n the US

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Feb 24, 2005.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I like defensive sports. One of my favourite football moment was when the French striker had to stop and put his foot on the ball when he saw the Greek defence in the last European Cup. He was mystified. Greece won the Cup almost totally because of their defence.

2. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

and in rugby wen Stephen Jones broke away against France, that was some running. turned the game around right then

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I think the best part of soccer is watching an incredible assist. When a mid-fielder makes an amazing feed pass that is just perfect and the striker is able to put it right on the money!

4. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

best goal i ever saw was Hitzelsperger for Villa against Birmingham last year. faked a pass and shot from the halfway circle and hit the top right corner in less than 2 seconds

but your right, Luis Garcia scored one of those for Liverpool against Leverkusen. Baros waited until Garcia accelerated than slid it between a defenders legs and kept Garcia onside. really professional play

5. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

You guys are good! You almost have me convinced I might like soccer if I learn a little bit more about it and watch some competitive matches.
    Tom

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Time to have the pianist play "Almost Persuaded" for an invitation. If you learn the game and the strategy involved you should fall in love with it, just like the majority of the earth's six billion plus population has! :D

7. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

lol. I guess 6,000,000,000 people can't be wrong.

8. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

o yes, and give up on MLS. its only followable if you already know the sport. try watching some English Premiership games, there are some real stars there

9. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Sounds like good advice. Yeah, people around here aren't too enthusiastic about MLS either. I do think I need to see some spectacular plays like you guys have described to begin to appreciate the sport.

10. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Peter McEntegart Sports Illustrated

Americans don't have the patience to watch a game for 90 minutes for a score of 1-0. At least Australian Rules football includes injury reports with the other game statistics. That works!

11. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sounds like good advice. Yeah, people around here aren't too enthusiastic about MLS either. I do think I need to see some spectacular plays like you guys have described to begin to appreciate the sport. </font>[/QUOTE]If you can pick up European Champions League soccer on Fox World Sports (not sure of the name of the channel) or ESPN2 or something it will give you a good taste of high quality football.

13. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

what do you mean high quality? thats top notch!!!

14. Ezekiel

Ezekiel New Member

Champions League Football is the football competition with the most class in it. It is like all the superstars playing. Or most of them.

15. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Thanks, guys. I'll explore those options.

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Be sure to watch some of the next World Cup when it comes along again, there is nothing like international futbol (football). Champions League is great too. I wouldn't completly rule out the MLS though. It can offer some fun games, just not on the same scale as other leagues.

17. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

just that the mls is not a good one to start with, because of the lack of talent. i dont mind following my earthquakes, although it is impossible to watch any games from here. most football is fun except this stupid Irish league.

18. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I kind of veiw the MLS as a minor leauge, though some good talent has come out of it, and there is some good talent still to come I think.

19. Ezekiel

Ezekiel New Member

I follow it but my Chicago didn't do so hot so i would rather follow Liverpool.

20. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

yes, Landon Donovan and Brian McBride and Brad Friedel to name a few. hope Freddie Adu lives up to expectations