1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will God harden a christians heart?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by MNsaint82, Mar 14, 2005.

1. MNsaint82

MNsaint82 New Member

I am a christian. I have been saved by by God's grace. I believe that I have been saved once and for all. But I've been living in sin for a long time: 7 months or so. I want to repent, confess my sins to God, but I don't know if I can. I know God can harden the hearts of lost folks if they refuse Him one to many times. I'm wondering if He would harden the heart of a christian who had refused too many times to repent. (believe me, I've had my chances to repent, and sadly refused) I plan to ask my pastor about this tomorrow, but was wondering about other points of view.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Remember the story of the prodigal son.

The Father is waiting with His arms wide open.

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

No I wouldent say that God would harden a persons heart to him, not to say that the Jews were not blinded to the Gospel as a fufilment of Bible Prophecy though.

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Once you are a child of God, He is your father. He would never turn His back on you.

As Roger said, He is waiting with His arms wide open to take you back into the fold.

God bless you and welcome to the Baptist Board,
    §ue

5. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are a child of God and still alive on this earth then He is willing and able to forgive and restore you to fellowship with Him as Sue and Roger have said. He neve forsakes His own. GOD IS GOOD!

6. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

"I will never leave you nor forsake you".

Jesus said that. Not some BB internet guru. Jesus said it.

You said you want to repent. Good thing. Next...just do it, get right, and continue on in grace. Nothing wrong with that. What IS wrong, is continuing in the "want to" but never doing it.

"I will never leave you nor forsake you"

You have HIS word on it.

In HIS service;
    Jim

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

God is mercyful. But I wouldn't presume upon His mercy any longer. If you have been convicted of something and are led to repent, praise God! Do so now while you may! It is true that there is forgiveness available to you so long as there remains breath in you to confess your sins before the throne of grace. But as to whether God may harden one of His children, I would say that yes He may. Or rather, your sin may harden you if you continue in it, and you may never repent of it if you do not do so now.

Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

8. russell55

russell55 New Member

That you want to repent is evidence that your heart is not hardened. Someone whose heart is hardened doesn't care that they've sinned. They probably don't even acknowledge to themselves that what they are doing IS sin. I hope you will listen to what your heart is telling you that you need to do.

Just lay it all out before God. It's not like he doesn't already know the whole ugly truth, and yet he is still working with you, or else you wouldn't be going to your pastor seeking help.