1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will It Be a Mosque, or, a Symbol of Conquest???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 17, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Muslims plan to build a 13 story Mosque and Community Center only two blocks from "Ground Zero!" While some say it should be built to show the world that Americans harbor no bad feelings toward the Muslim religion; others are calling this, " incredibly insensitive and audacious..." Debra Burlingame, co-founder of 9/11 Families for a Safe and Strong America.

Maybe I'm wrong, but, I can't help but question the "hidden agenda, and hidden motives" behind their desire to erect a 13 story Mosque, that just 9 years ago, would have been in the shadows of the Twin Towers.

Would this truly be a symbol to, "focus on our commonalities as human beings rather than our differences... and a building that would help us to "abandon language meant to instill fear, fear that can allow us to curtail the freedoms of others rather than encourage us to promote understanding and dialogue?"

This Mosque is being sold to the public as an "Islamic cultural center that would be a testimony to who we are as a nation... to rededicate this ground to a community center and mosque where peace-loving Muslims can gather and pray in the country in the city they love."

Furthermore, it is being sold to the international community as being something that, "will send a message that America is not in conflict with the Muslim world, while dispelling fears of Arab-Americans and Muslim Americans that their own government somehow distrusts them."

The lingering question for me, remains, is this going to be a symbol that dispels any separation between the American people and the Muslim religion, or, will it be a symbol of Muslim conquest and victory in the war against the "Great Satan?"

This is something that will surely cause feelings to rise up, on both sides of the street.

My question is this: Do you think that this project is insensitive and that it would be more openly received if it were to be built a few miles from "Ground Zero?"

SEE:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/14/plan-build-mosque-near-ground-zero-riles-families-victims/

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions...wo_mothers_of_911_heroes_argue_for_a_mus.html

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Interesting read, RDude!! There was a failed attempt to build something similiar over in the book of Genesis-----Men then said "Let us build up to heaven!"----then God said, "Let us go down to see . . . "-----and well---you know the rest of the story!!!

No matter how you look at it---Islam is an antichrist!!

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==No, because not all Muslims agree with Bin Laden (etc). Though it can be unpopular, I still believe in freedom of religion. As long as they pay the rent/morgage, and as long as they are not a threat to the nation (etc), they have every right to put their mosque at that location. Is the location insensitive? I guess it might be if one believes that all Muslims are terrorists.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Agree With You, But, There is One Problem...

... while you are correct in assuming that not all Muslims are terrorists, it remains a fact that many of them are, terrorist, and that is the difficult part in working this through. Knowing just who is who, is next to impossible until we catch them in the act, or, match what's left of their DNA after we collect their body parts from the sight of a bombing.

I believe that there are many more radical and extreme Muslims in the West, than liberal, politically correct ideologues want to believe. To the average Muslim, they are taught from birth that the people of the West are infidels and these infidels make up the Great Satan, which needs to be conquered. And, while they freely come to live among the Great Satan, tolerating our society, defying assimilation, they covertly long for the day when Islam rules the world. Radical extremists have learned to live among us while they hide their true hate. And this is what makes it so difficult to separate who loves our way of life, and those who hate our way of life and long to topple us.

I say that their plan to build this Mosque near ground zero is as insensitive as, lets say, America offering to erect a statue of President Truman standing in front of a miniature White House in Hiroshima or Nagasaki, a few years after we dropped the "bombs."

This leads me to the original intent of the post, which had less to do with whether we should trust them, and a lot to do with whether their plan to erect this Mosque is an insensitive act to the families and loved ones left to mourn the terror attack of 9/11 by those who claim Allah Akbar in the ear shot of the West. We are still, and always will be seen as the Great Satan, and the nation of Islam is programed to conquer us.

IMHO, I see this Mosque as nothing more than a symbol of their conquest, total domination, triumph, victory, drubbing, and trouncing of the Great Satan on 9/11. This was a major step in their goal to vanquish the Great Satan, leading to the total destruction, and the enslavement of those they spare.

It must never be forgotten that the Japanese Ambassador and a entourage of Japanese leaders, sent from Tokyo, were scheduled to meet with President Roosevelt on December 7, 1941 to discuss issues that were standing between the US and Japan. It was own that very morning that the Japanese unleashed a deadly and destructive attack on Pearl Harbor, and World War II became a reality.

IMHO, within days after the dedication of this Mosque, pictures will surface throughout the Muslim world showing this Mosque superimposed over the rubble at "ground zero!"

This is simply a publicity stunt. A billion dollar publicity stunt to rub salt in the wound; to kick dirt in our face; to symbolize their greatest victory so far, but, not the last! In the same manner in which early America carved out of the battle in San Antonio, Texas (February 23 – March 6, 1836) that infamous cry, "Remember the Alamo", this Mosque will be the rallying point, and battle cry of all radical and extremist Muslims throughout Islam.

We definitely need to "walk softly,and carry a big stick", when it comes to Muslims in America. France, and most of Europe, are paying the price for allowing Muslims to freely migrate to their countries. Riots and acts of defiance when it comes to their social assimilation into the social way of life of these host nations have become a sticking-point, and in some cases "flash-point" for legal actions and civil rights, leading to outright anger on behalf of both sides of the issues.

Finally, there is the hypocrisy of Islam itself. In Islamic nations, other religions are forced to go underground because they are not permitted to build a house of worship, let alone, worship openly. Unlike Islamic nations, the Muslims know how to use the freedoms granted to them by the host nation, and they are taking full advantage of those freedoms and rights, as Mosques are popping up in every neighborhoods all over Europe. Why the difference ? Because the West grants them the right and freedom to worship openly, and they are taking full advantage of our stupidity, oops, I mean freedoms.

I believe that Islam has adopted the Trojan Horse option in their bid to rule the world. And so far, they have successfully moved their "horses" into the land of the free, all over the world. Some day, the West may regret their open-arms hospitality. Russian is experiencing buyers remorse with the the growth of the Chechnya people in the radical, extremist Chechen Republic. The Russians have been trying, unsuccessfully, to evict these extremist for years, as they continue to face the deadly wrath of terror attacks through Mother Russia.

Killing women and children is no problem for these extremists, and all I'm asking is for America to throw caution to the wind, and be more selective when it comes to the building of Mosques, especially in light of where this one has been proposed to be built. :thumbs:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The only testimony that is as to who we are as a nation is "weak, stupid, willing to kiss the backside of foreign and domestic enemies."

That's what this building says about us.

I can't believe people have to sit down and evaluate this one. No, it isn't right! Yes, it's a slap in the face to any American who can think straight for more than two seconds. Yes, it's a way of showing we are capable of pathetic, inept, non-existent abilities for keeping our nation free from the reign of terror.

You'd THINK 9-11 would have been a wake-up call to those who value freedom, not a wake-up call to consort with the enemy more in the hopes that they'll be a little sweeter and maybe use smaller airplanes next time.