1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will McCain ever get it?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Aug 31, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I think he realizes that its time for Congress to STOP spending millions of $$ onto pork barrel projects such as the Bridge to Nowhere!

Note: I just edited in the word "stop" at 734 pm
    wow, that one word certianly changes the meaning of the sentence!

#2 Salty, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

1. What makes you think Obama won't veto this legislation? He has to pay for his economic program somehow. Also, Obama hasn't been on the Hill long enough to owe that many favors.

2. When he had to a chance to make a stand on this legislation, he chose not to vote http://www.factcheck.org/outrageous_exaggerations.html

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is often these "add ons" are included at the bottom of a bill which may not have anything to do with the purpose of the main bill.

For example a one million dollar pork project for studying the mating habits of the amoeba, might be attached to rebuilding a bridge.

Note: I left a word out of my first comment (post # 2) & that omitted word changed the meaning of the entire sentence. Wow, my first mistake of the year

Sallty

#4 Salty, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only change that could possibly happen at this point is for everyone to put a stop to all the unnecessary and unconstitutional entitelment spending. Nether candidate is ready to make that absolutely necessary change.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What do you think about the line item veto?

It will help the president be more accountable. Instead of him having to include the highway to nowhere so he can get through needed legislation he can put the necessary through and veto the wasted riders...

7. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'm not looking for more money in my pocket, I just want a chance to make a living. People are suffering where I am. How can we work if we offshore the jobs? Then it's a double insult when the government provides incentives to offshore American jobs. No one is looking for a handout, just a chance to be a contributer to the economy.

9. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Well, hey, when Obama increases funding to abortion Clinics, via his state funded Medical insurance program, which provides 100 percent coverage for abortions, as well as the increased funding for Planned parenthood, I guess people can get jobs as baby murderers, huh?

THAT will help the economy.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Oh, and this thread is about how McCain is doing politics as usual but saying he is about change. He doesn't get that we don't want to see that.

Where I live, I see nothing but McCain attacks on Obama regarding the election. Here is a contributer to his campaign saying can't you find something better to do with my donation? And if this is the judgment you use with my donation, what will you do with the entire economy?

Everyone says Obama never discusses how he will accomplish his vision. What is McCain vision. I don't think he has discussed at length how he plans to fix the economy. What is his vision? How will he get it done?

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No different from what Bush did and he is supposed to be pro-life. At least Obama is honest about his position.

http://www.covenantnews.com/lefemine050208.htm

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist