1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Sharpton and Jackson Be In Wilmington?

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Martin, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will the "Reverends" Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson show up in Wilmington North Carolina over a recent police shooting that killed a community college student (18yrs old)?

One might think so considering their statements about recent police shootings, but one would be wrong. You see the boy who was shot by police in this case was white. And since he was white people like Jackson and Sharpton don't care about this boy and his family.

Make no mistake about it racism is alive and well in the United States of America in 2006 and it is found in both whites and blacks. This case proves it. If this boy had been black, wild horses would not have been able to keep Sharpton/Jackson from showing up in Wilmington North Carolina with parades of media.

I don't know why the police shot this guy and I am glad to see that the deputies who did it are on leave. I understand that police officers face alot of on the job stress and if they believe their lives are in danger are going to act. However I could have been the one to answer that door, you could have been the one to answer that door, anyone could have answered that door. We can't allow police to open fire simply because the person who answers the door is holding something in his/her hands. This guy had a past, and the police should have arrested him, but it seems that their reaction was a bit over-board. But don't tell Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson that. They don't give a flip since the guy who was killed was white.

Autopsy Shows Teen Shot In The Head

3 Deputies on Paid Leave