1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Smith

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by The Scribe, Jan 12, 2008.

1. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I heard Will Smith had joined Scientology. So, I did a search.

Here's what I found.

Will Smith: Scientology, Bible Almost Identical.
    Observer.com

"I don't necessarily believe in organized religion,"

"I love my God, my higher power, but it is mine and mine alone, and I create my connection, and I decide how my connection is going to be,"

"I believe that my connection to my higher power is separate from everybody's.

"I don’t believe that the Muslims have all the answers and all the beliefs. I don’t believe the Christians have all the answers and beliefs, or that the Jews have all the answers."

USmagazine.com

"I've studied Buddhism and Hinduism and I've studied Scientology through Tom. And nobody's saying anything different!

"The Bible talks about your spirit being immortal, that you were created for existence beyond your physical body. Well, that's no different from Scientology!

Huffingtonpost.com

Smith is deluded and confused.

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Ack!

Another talented person who doesn't realize where his talents originated.

As I have so desperately clung to the Creator of the universe, the Great I Am, the ONE who loved me enough to send HIS Son for me, I've wondered what people do when they are in great pain and desperate circumstances - alone and in need of clinging - when they don't know the One and Only.

All those statements about creating his own connection make me ache for him. I know they are empty. There isn't any connection to be made outside of Christ.

What happens in those painful and agonizing times without the Savior? I just can't imagine.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Sad to see such a talented guy getting caught up in that mess. But it really shouldnt surprise any of us.

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Well, nothing anyone out of Hollywood does is really a surprise . . .

It's rather a free for all, isn't it?

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thats too bad. He grew up in a christian home and his family went to church all the time, no missing allowed.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

All of these Hollywood types, if you notice, depend on themselves to reach God...it's all pride. They have been put up on such high pedestals, that they think they are neighbors with God.