1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will the Church Conquer or be defeated?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by J.D., Mar 10, 2011.

?
  1. The Church will survive the onslaught of Satan (Defensive Church)

28.6%
  2. Satan will not be able to withstand the progress of the Church. (Offensive Church)

28.6%
  3. Things will get worse and worse until Jesus returns. (Pessimistic View)

42.9%
  4. The Church will conquer the world through the Gospel. (Optimistic View)

28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Bouncing off the thread about "The Gates of Hell", let's take a poll concerning the Church's war posture.

Is the Church on the offensive against the Gates of Hell, or is the Church in a protective, defensive formation?

The questions are not about the current state of the Church as it is, but "how does the Bible describe the Church?"

#1 J.D., Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
  2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'd need more theological clarification before answering.

There's too much dualism creeping into the options.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother,

Don't take what I am about to say as me being *snotty*, *snippy*, or anything like that, okay?

I have some good news for you!! The Church(Jesus' body, His Bride, His people) has ALREADY WON THE BATTLE!!!! When Jesus came out of the tomb on that third and appointed morning, He defeated Satan!! Sure, the Church will have to persevere through the "wiles" of Satan, but we(those who have been saved), have already won!! We are just waiting on His call to take us home!!

1 Cor. 15 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is he Son of God?

Rev.15:1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

So Brother, be of good cheer. We have overcome the world by the Blood of the Lamb!!

Rev. 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

So we are still in the battle, but we have already won!! Praise His sweet name!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:????

i am I AM's!!

Willis

#3 convicted1, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
  4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And he is the head of the body, the church: that in all [things] he might have the preeminence.
    That is Jesus. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. He (David) seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, (Hades not Gehenna)
    I will build my church; and the gates of hell (Hades not Gehenna) shall not prevail against it.
    Back to Jesus. who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead;For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate [to be] conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body. but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave,(Hades not Gehenna) where [is] thy victory?

The church just like it's head Jesus will prevail over the gates of hell in the same way he did.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I believe it is more of a protective defensive formation although fading. The church is in the hands of its Lord. He alone controls and keeps it in tact. I believe that the orginized church will continue to be as it is, and the true church will continue to fade away in numbers and strength just short of dying while satans power continues to increase and just before the antichrist is revealed the church will be taken out in the rapture.