1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will the NKJV become the Next Version of the KJV?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Oct 13, 2004.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If it is a fact then certainly you would know the person's name. I would like to know who it is. Could oyu tell us?

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Terry, I agree. [​IMG]

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If it is a fact then certainly you would know the person's name. I would like to know who it is. Could oyu tell us? </font>[/QUOTE]Sodomites bought the NIV business. </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know who that would be. I am not up on NIV business. So give us the names(s)

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've started a new thread on the Lesbian language consultant (NOT translator).

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

If it is a fact then certainly you would know the person's name. I would like to know who it is. Could oyu tell us? </font>[/QUOTE]Virginia Mollenkott

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If it is a fact then certainly you would know the person's name. I would like to know who it is. Could oyu tell us? </font>[/QUOTE]Virginia Mollenkott </font>[/QUOTE]Could you tell me a little more about her?

7. Terry_Herrington

If it is a fact then certainly you would know the person's name. I would like to know who it is. Could oyu tell us? </font>[/QUOTE]Virginia Mollenkott </font>[/QUOTE]Could you tell me a little more about her? </font>[/QUOTE]She is a perverted sodomite who worked on the translation of the NIV. All you have to do is "google" her name.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shame on you, Terry. How many times have you been told the truth and you continue to expound that trash?

She is not, was not, never was a translator.

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I did find some information on her. Thanks for the info.

Here is a little of what I found

Retrieved from http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/twohomosexuals.htm

"She grew up in a Plymouth Brethren fellowship and moved in Fundamentalist circles during her early years. She studied at Bob Jones University and taught at Shelton College in the 1950s."

"In the 1970s, Virginia Mollenkott was a consultant for the New International Version translating committee. She worked on the NIV during the entire time it was being translated and reviewed."

Isn't BJU a KJVO school? Seems it had little effect on her in a positive way. So the world is going to hell because it doesn't read the KJV? What happened to the power of the KJV?

10. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Then why is there such oppressive racism in your part of the country? The way people talk there about people with different colors of skin was appalling to me when I lived there. Frankly I was shocked to hear such things from those who attended churches. And that is where KJV is most prominent. You explain that to me. </font>[/QUOTE]The Ku Klux Klan is KJVO. I know, a grand-dragon lived in my town and I went to school with his son.

11. GeneMBridges

GeneMBridges New Member

Exactly how much influence did she have, Terry? What of her work was actually included in the NIV?

I've googled her name. I've found some of her writings, but nothing about what she specifically contributed to the NIV or how much influence she exerted.

BTW, you've glossed over the fact that the KJV translators believed in baptismal regeneration of infants and mortal and venial sins, not to mention James I's own desire to "harrow out Baptists."....

12. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I guess some are going to hell even though they read the KJV while they claim to be KJVO. Amazing isn't it? So I guess the pages of their Bible will be burning while they hold it.

13. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wasn't it the religious folks from England that sough to get rid of the Baptists early on in the history of the U.S.?

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Terry is a KJVo who posts on the BB. Therefore the BB must by KJVo and anyone who posts on it and all messages on it are tainted by his presence.

Absurd. We allow KJVo to post and I do not feel that their error has corrupted the BB at all! :D

Libeling the publishers of any English translation IS, however, another matter. That cannot be tolerated.

15. Terry_Herrington

Did she work for the people who translated the NIV, yes or no?

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think it is good they are posting. It is in plain view for all to see their doctrine being refuted.

17. Terry_Herrington

No

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. She WORKED for them, but not as a translator. THAT is an intentional lie.

She also went to BJU. This makes them sodomite?

And taught at Sheldon. More sodomits?

Your point is?

19. GeneMBridges

GeneMBridges New Member

Did she work for the people who translated the NIV, yes or no? </font>[/QUOTE]Those infant baptising baptismal regenrationsists whose theology was Roman in all but name only that actually TRANSLATED the KJV were paid well by that man that sought to "harrow out Baptists," Terry...so what's your point?

20. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Did she work for the people who translated the NIV, yes or no? </font>[/QUOTE]That is about as legit of a question as assuming you buy gas makes you a Muslim. The Muslims work for you. You are paying them for the gas they produce for you.