1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Theater Massacre Hasten Total Gun Control?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jul 20, 2012.

?
  1. Yes, most definitely...

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. No...

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Undecided...but getting close to thinking gun control may be a solution...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. People kill people, not guns...

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  5. I own guns and they'll have to pry them from my cold-dead hands...

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Gun control and wackos are two seperate issues...

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  7. I have always believed in and support gun control...

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. The mass murders do not change my mind, but it weighs heavy on my heart...

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  9. I subscribe to a conspiracy theory to force gun control in America by mass murders...

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. No one answer fits my thoughts. See my comments...

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Agreed! The problem today is that most Americans do not understand why the second amendment was written. It was not for hunting or protection although a gun could be used for that. Nor was it simply a pistol or rifle. The right to bear arms was so the people could fight against the government using all the fire power available at the time if it ever got out of control and today it is out of control.
    In fact the second amendment actually allows us to own the big stuff of today like anti tank, anti aircraft, tanks and planes, everything the military has. The idea is to be able to be armed as well as the government so we can fight against oppression from the government. We have already lost those rights and they are working on the rest. We are no longer a nation with a constitution that is followed.That is the reason I warn young people about going into the military.

#21 freeatlast, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
  2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. I think so too (if I do say so myself, which I do). :D:D

3. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree (with the exception of young people going in the military. Young people who are brave enough to keep their oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution, and insist their superiors do so too, are much needed).

A great article on the subject of understanding the Second Amendment can be found at http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/unabridged.2nd.html

Click on the link for the rest of the article.

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

That line of thinking is irrational, and goes against all the evidence to the contrary.

The problem is, as some have said, that our rights allow us to own any type of weapon. To take away any part of it is still to violate that right.

The second ammendment isn't for hunting, or sporting, or even self defense. It's for national defense against tyranny.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

[SIZE=+0]The reason I discourage them is because the constitution is already shredded. They are taking an oath to defend the constitution when they are in fact defending government of immorality and tyranny against its own people.[/SIZE]

#25 freeatlast, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  6. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are so many clamoring to get into this country? We have an all volunteer force with many patriotic citizens and non-citizens defending, not shredding, the U. S. Constitution. This spirit goes back to Valley Forge. The document survives even a Civil War and two World Wars. Have you seen Saving Pvt. Ryan and We were Soldiers Then?
    Hollywood-ized for sure--but the patriotism still comes out--loud and clear.

Freedom is not free. The Constitution is still worth defending--to the death.

May I send you an unshredded copy?

Peace,

Bro. James

7. General Mung Beans

Gun Control is not happening anytime soon in the US-indeed the trend is toward the opposite with bans on assault weapons for example being allowed to expire. Most Americans are firmly in favour of full Second Amendment rights.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You evidently have no clue what the constitution is about. and how far we have fallen from its original intent. It is in shreds and becoming more so every day. What our military is defending is not the constitution, but a government that has become a tyranny to the people. The unfortunate thing is there are so many like you that have been put to sleep and are actually aiding in the destruction of this nation.

#28 freeatlast, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Just a question---not a trick one

I understand the use of the 2nd amendment---the protection of the common people against the tyranny of government-----now--here's the question

Out of the billions spent on defence by the national government-----just what type weapon should I keep in store in my basement, backyard, attic, storage room, spare room, under my bedroom mattress, in my gun cabinet, in my truck glove box and under the driver seat---and what sort of weapon should I choose

A M-1 Garuand with a dozen clips??
    A M-1 Abrams??
    A Cobra attack helicopter??
    An A-10 Attack jet
    (though I would LOVE to learn to fly these little babies!!!!)

And how many rounds should I keep for each----when I square off against---saaaaaaaay---something as savvy as the 101st Airborne???

Does it occur to anyone that the goverenment of tyranny has the capability to destroy the world ----- even with its conventional style weapons----and that there isn't enough ROOM in my backyard to even land and take off one of those Attack jets to counter even the smaller stuff the tyrannyated goverenment has????????

:type::type:

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, Blackbird, are you saying that you would just roll over and play dead without putting up any sort of fight? Isn't your, your family's, you kid's and grandkid's freedom worth putting up a fight?

Let me see. I seem to remember 135,000 Midianites and Gideon's small band of only 300, yet God gave them the victory.

Can your God still show Himself strong, or has He died and left you all alone?

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How well is the Taliban armed compared to the U.S. Army?

Are some Americans not as resourceful and determined as they?

Are you the kind of person when, faced with oppression, will just throw up your hands and say "kill those that fight, but spare me"?

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The Taliban is well educated and resourceful----as was the Viet Cong

Would I throw up my hands and say "Kill those that fight, but spare me?"----that wasn't the implication in my post----millions of Germans threw up their hands to Germany's GESTAPO and to their SS

Underground I would go and learn tactics with simple stuff like Montolov Cocktails, Booby Traps, camoflauge----among doxens of other resourceful tactics and manuvers----and I would understand that if I were caught I would be willing to dangle by a rope around my neck just like patriots before my time did when they were so close to tyranny that they could smell its ugly stinkin' breath!!

My greatest fear would probably be-----would there be anyone else besides me underground---I just believe that the vast majority of Americans(including the vast majority---probably along the lines of about 99%---- of those in congress) are too "Weeniefied" to do anything against tyranny---but to see your point---I would go underground "solo" if I had to

#32 blackbird, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Under the constitution it is up to each individual.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On that, we can certainly agree.!!!

Leadership of such an insurrection would most likely have to come from the civilian populace. Of one thing I am certain, the current president would be absent from such a rebellion. He might even be leading the oppressors.

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

So----according to the constitution-----I have the power to fly my A-10 Attack jet against the wishes of the FAA in time of civil war?? That would be an invasion of federal air space and I could be shot down---couldn't I??? or would there be enough federal pilots who would join me and collaborate with me----you know---give me the "Thumbs up" and a nod of the head in approval instead of intercepting me and shooting my rear end with hot lead????

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The federal government and its personell is who would be being attacked. Whether you are killed on the ground or air you are dead. You are being foolish and trying to do exactly what the corrupt politicians and courts have done. You and those like you are part of the destruction of the constitution.. The 2nd amendment allows the people to bear arms for the purpose to rise up against a corrupt government. Depending on the time in history what arms are available is what we are permitted to own. There are no limits on what is to be owned or used against the corrupt government so as to take it back and return it to the people.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tracy Marrow, Ice-T, was a US Army Ranger (Hoooah!). I would expect him to be pro second amendment. Good for him.

19. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Curious: the Afgans have stymied the Russians and now us for several decades.

Amazing what a little courage of conviction can do. Israel is another example of a little guy taking on Goliath.

All we need is a two-edged sword and the whole armour of God. The ones with the blood on the doorposts all survived.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

20. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Casting aspersions does not usually help an argument. Could you be a bit more specific: in terms of constructive criticism. You seem to be offering no hope. Let us give up our citizenship and move to Romania.

Shall we stand down and wait for the Taliban and others to terrorize the world? We have another front: drug interdiction. It is actually more serious than terror. Let's move to Mexico City.

There are multitudes of gungho patriots still on the line or on inactive reserve who can still lock and load-- some of us are in wheel chairs.

Patriotism is a hard thing to tyrannize. There are too many gone before us to throw it away in the face of adversity.

Peace,

Bro. James

#40 Bro. James, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012