1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will there be sinless people in hell?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Outsider

Outsider New Member

Dale C,
    Think of this:

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

1 Tim 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

One thing we could never hope to escape is being born guilty of the original sin of Adam. When we were born, even thou we didn't comitt a single sin, we were pronounced guilty. Christ atoned the sin for every person. He is the Savior of all men. He saved us all from the penalty of eternal seperation from Christ because of original sin, of which we had no escape.

Those that fail to believe, will die in their own sins, of which, unbelief is the reason for that.

I would like your thoughts.

2. PK

PK New Member

#42 PK, Mar 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2008
  3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Are you claiming that these people agree that there will be sinless people in Hell? A sinless person doesn't need Christ. Of course there aren't any so it's a moot point.

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

No I am saying that these were allpeople who believed in the doctrines of Grace.

5. PK

PK New Member

To say that Jesus did not die for all sin would be limiting His power and I know you don't want to go there. He paid the maximum penalty. His grace is and was "exceedingly" more than what was or will ever be needed because he is perfect, just and all powerful.

Rom 5:20-"Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:"
    1) to abound beyond measure, abound exceedingly
    2) to overflow, to enjoy abundantly

6. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

First let me say that I started this thread to stimulate a discussio on the nature of the attonement.
    Also to point out that every one believes that in some way the attonement i limited, either by intent or by those that believe or don't believe.

Do you believe that Christ died for sin in general or for sin in particular?
    Did Christ die for YOUR sin or did he even know that you wouldd even be born? The doctrine which Rubato was talking about which is called open theism would not even mean God would even know you would be born.

Do you believe that Christ died for the sin of unbelief?
    If so, do you believe that he died for the unbelief of those who never believe?
    Did He die for the sins, in particular of the ones in hell?

Your argument of limiting God's power comes right back on you.
    Because I believe that God saves every last soul He sets out to.
    In your system of belief, God can only HOPE that some get saved.
    In your system, there is no gurantee that anyone will EVER be saved.

So I would not talk about limiting power if I were you.
    The pelagian sytem of soteriology truly limits God because it says that God fails in His purpose.
    DO you want to go there?

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'm interested in your view Rev. Micro Poster. What say you regarding these words? :thumbs:

8. PK

PK New Member

So following the pattern set forth in the scriptures, sin only effected the the elect or all mankind? Because the Bible says that the same ALL effected by Adams sin is the same ALL that can be effected by the second Adams righteousness. (It's called a pattern)

Part 1 - Because of the First Adam's sin. (OUR Great Grand dad!)
    Rom. 5:12 says that because of Adam, death passed upon ALL men because of sin. By the sin of disobedience, death now effects ALL men in Adam lineage. Proof?
    1 Cor. 15:22 says, "For as in Adam ALL die..."
    Rom 5:18 says, "Therefore as by the offense of one judgement came upon ALL men to condemnation..."

Part 2 - The Second Adam (Jesus Christ)
    1Cr 15:45 - And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.
    1Cr 15:46 - Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
    1Cr 15:47 - The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man [is] the Lord from heaven.

The Second Adam ushered in a new spiritual creation:
    Col 1:12 - Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
    Col 1:13 - Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:
    Col 1:14 - In whom we have redemption through his blood, [even] the forgiveness of sins:

Wow, the Bible says that ALL mankind fell in the first Adam, but that this same ALL, can rise through the second - Jesus Christ!
    Rom 5:19 - For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
    Rom 5:20 - Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
    Rom 5:21 - That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

#48 PK, Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008
  9. Outsider

Outsider New Member

Dale-C,
    I for one believe that Christ died for all. It is not a limited atonement. He came to pay for sin and thats what He done.
    But from the scripture He does warn people that unless they believe, they will die in their sins.
    It is not limited because all children are born spiritually alive because of Christ and His work on the cross. Without the work of Christ, we would all have been born spiritually dead and His atonement would have only been for the elect (Limited in its extent).
    This is why I embrace the "age of accountability" doctrine. It doesn't limit the atonement. Christ came to take away the sin of the world (Original sin) and He done exactly what He came to do. Now, for those who come to the age of accountability and they willingly reject Christ as their personal Savior (Thru unbelief), They have no promise of eternal life and are lost because of their own sin (Unbelief).
    I would like your thoughts on this.

10. Outsider

Outsider New Member

PK,

I see you were a bit confused by my earlier post. I hope this clears up what I was trying to say.

11. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Rev. Micro Poster, nice. :laugh:

We come to know God through Jesus Christ (John 14:6),

And

A failure to obey Jesus and His gospel spells doom.

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I have a problem with the assumptions of this view:

1. It fails to take the meaning of the coming of Christ and His cross into consideration.

2. It ignores Acts 17:30, 31:

"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead" (Acts 17:30, 31, TNIV, emphasis mine).

3. We're called upon to take the gospel to all the world.

13. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

There are other passages that would look at little better for your point but that is not the main point of this discussion which is:
    Did Christ actually atone all the sins of all the people or did he merely make it possible for them to have their sins forgiven?

Put another way, did Christ lay down His life for YOUR sins specifically, even your sin of unbelief?
    Or did He merely make it possible for your since to one day be covered only if you did your part?

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Interesting view, if I read you right you're saying if Christ death only atoned the sin's of the elect then Adams fall likewise only impacted the elect. How do we have one standard for the fall and another for the rise?

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So are you saying it's hell for them that know not God? If I recall Paul is speaking about those who were persecuting the saints. Does this also apply to those who were never preached the Word?

16. PK

PK New Member

I was being a little sarcastic. My point is that we don't. In the same way that sin effected ALL through the first Adam, Christ work can effect ALL in that He was the second Adam.

17. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

But DOES it effect all? That is the point of this thread.
    I believe that anyone who come to Christ is faith for salvation will recieve forgiveness.
    No one will be turned away.
    That is not the point of this discussion.

The point is this:

For the people in hell, did Christ actually pay the penalty specifically for their sins? Or did He merely pay a general payment that COULD have covered their sins?

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes, even if sarcastic I think a good valid point was made. If ALL fell with the first Adam then how can only SOME benefit from the second? The gift of life is for ALL men and not just some that were picked out before the foundation of the earth. John 3:16 doesn't say for God so loved the elect...

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

19. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

What benefit does the man in hell get from the atonement?

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The same chance at eternal life as those in Heaven received.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: