1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will this be Ron Santo's year?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Pastor_Bob, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will he be inducted into the HOF this year?

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I can't think of a reason to be optimistic as long as the morons who vote in the regular balloting have a say. I think it's a crying shame. He belongs, for reasons we've already discussed before. Bill James says he's the first person he'd put in. I just hope he gets in while he still has the health to appreciate the honor. To do this posthumosly, which has happened recently, would be almost ridiculous. A retooled Vet Cmte would be the best hope, and my understanding is he would be at the top of the short list of shorted players over the years.

Congrats on wrapping up the Central today. Win the whole darn thing. Tell Lou the Reds miss him.

By the way, you and I are thinking alike. I was just about to post something....I think I will do so in a different thread all the same.