1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will we see and know the witnesses?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BillyBayou613, Feb 18, 2006.

1. BillyBayou613

BillyBayou613 New Member

Since they will be here just before the end, will we know they are the ones?

BB

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Billy!!

Well,.....I am not a Bible scholar nor an expert on end times, but I don't think that I am going to be here when the two witnesses are here, martyred, and are raised from the dead by God.

In fact, I can definitively say that I know that I am not going to be here.

Not all Christians believe the same thing about the end times and how God is going to wrap things up, but here is what I believe.

End events will be in this order.

1. Rapture of the church
    2. Tribulation (Two witnesses are here)
    3. Second coming of Christ
    4. 1000 year reign of Christ on earth
    5. Eternal heavenly reign of God.

The rapture is when all christians, both alive and dead, are "rescued" from this old world by Jesus Christ.

The rapture will be:
    1. secretive or "unknown" to unbelievers
    2. at ANY time, that is, NOT dependent on any prophetical events
    3. a taking away of believers to be with Christ
    4. before the Great Tribulation

The Second Coming of Jesus Christ is when the battle of Armegedon will occur and Jesus, Himself, returning to earth with his "saints", will victoriously win the battle before it scarcely begins.

The Second Coming will be:
    1. known to all mankind whether they be believers or not
    2. dependent on certain prophetical events (the third Temple, the Witnesses, the appearance of the antichrist....)
    3. a return of the bride of Christ with Him for Christ's judgement of the earth
    4. after the Great Tribulation

Again, there are MANY christians who will disagree with me and that is their privilege.

But as for the Two Witnesses, I do not believe that I will be here to see them in action. Many Christians believe that they will be Moses and Elijah, but as for recognizing them, for me the question is moot.

Welcome to the BB!!

Peace-
    Scarlett O.
    <><

3. mima

mima New Member

I have had discussions about this before with different Christian Brothers.
    As I understand it the two witnesses will be here for the last 3 1/2 years before the end.
    As a firm believer in the rapture of the church it is my believe that the church will be rapture out before Midway of the 7 year tribulation period.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Rev. 11 describes the two witnesses as two olive trees and two lampstands, described elsewhere as symbolic of Israel and the churches. I think it's interesting that each witness is described as two of something.

Tom B.

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Oh, by the way, dispies will have to come up with another explanation, because otherwise, it puts the the churches right in the middle of the Tribulation, and we can't have that, can we?

Scarlett, please give me the specific, clear verse or passage which describes the pre-trib rapture. Thanks

Tom B

6. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

It's clear that the church will be here.

Rev 13:7 And it was given to him to make war on the saints and to overcome them: and there was given to him authority over every tribe and people and language and nation.

{This is at the midpoint.}

The whole world will see the witnesses.

MR

7. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

No, the church will be gone before this. Scarlett pretty much has it right.

8. wopik

wopik New Member

the two witnesses will be able to turn water into blood, just like two earlier witnesses, Moses and his brother Aaron.

9. panza1_99

panza1_99 New Member

I don't want to be here when they are here. [​IMG]

10. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Scarlett said:

The rapture will be:
    1. secretive or "unknown" to unbelievers
    2. at ANY time, that is, NOT dependent on any prophetical events
    3. a taking away of believers to be with Christ
    4. before the Great Tribulation

Tam says: I beg to differ. The rapture will not be "secret". Some will be surprised, but it will in now wise be SECRET!! And we will be going through the great trib. Believe it or not!!

1 Thes 5-4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
    5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
    6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
    7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rev 1-7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I know some of you think that the scriptures above are talking about 2 different events. But Jesus only comes back once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1st Cor 15-52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

These scriptures are plainly all referring to the same event!!

So will we see the two witnesses? Yes, a resounding yes!! Will we know who they are? I don't know. We probably will when they show up.

Even so, come Lord Jesus!!

Selah,

Tam

11. wopik

wopik New Member

the 2 witnesses will be true men of God, like Moses and Aaron -- they will be Sabbath-keepers and be keeping 'the holidays of the Bible', not the corrupted form of Christianity most of us follow from Rome.

12. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Amen Wopik!! Well done!! [​IMG]

Peace,

Tam

13. standingfirminChrist

I am not going to see the two witnesses unless I see them in the air, or in the millenial kingdom.

The church is taken off of the earth before the tribulations Rev. 4:1

The only ones who seem to be affected by the bowls of wrath poured out after the catching away of the saints, are the ones who have not the seal of God. Rev. 7:1- ff

The last trump in 1 Corinthians is the last trump in a different dispensation. It is the last trump before the dispensation of wrath.

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

15. standingfirminChrist

Ellen G. White's heretical fallacies once again are showing up.

The two witnesses do not show until the wrath of God is being poured out on the earth.

When was the locust with the head of a horse and the sting of a scorpion on this earth? Such an even would surely have been recorded in history books.

When was a third of the grass burned on the earth?

When did a third of all the seas turn to blood and all the ships therein destroyed?

Wake up Claudia...

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Tom B

Why would you embarass a lady? You well know that dispensationalism cannot answer your question.

17. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself. I don't follow a corrupted form of Christianity. I am not a dispensationalist.