1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will you be viewing the "Equality" Awards?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Feb 28, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/26/entertainment/oscars-2016-chris-rock-nominees-feat/

With the latest uproar about the lack of "color"being nominated for the Oscar, and some major black talent boycotting tomorrow nights program and Al Sharpton leading a protest outside the venue ... and Chris Rock getting ready to let it rip, as he hosts Oscar .... a ton of viewers should be watching not for who wins what or what the stars wear; but rather to observe just what all the Hollywood hoopla will do to this years Oscar and possibly the shows in the coming years.

There is without a doubt a lot riding on this years Awards, so will you be tuning in, or tuning out?

Personally, I can't help but think all the noise swirling around the lack of diversity at this years Oscar is more to boost ratings. Ratings that have been steadily declining for some time. I say this because if black Hollywood was really as upset over the very "white" Oscars, Chris Rock would've, should've and could've pulled out as host. Instead he is the big story. Will Smith and Jada Pinkett sitting at home watching a DVD of Independence Day. And Al Sharpton and the revived Acorn Group now known as BLM will be marching down Hollywood Bvld.

As for me and my house, we don't care.

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

CVGmEAtUAAAQHYc.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why did you start this thread?

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As for me and mine, we're watching Guy's Grocery Games. Biggrin

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was thinking about watching my grass grow.