1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

William Lane Craig’s attack on biblical creationists

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Aaron, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://creation.com/william-lane-craig-vs-creation
    Craig’s view necessarily entails that animal death, suffering, and carnivory existed long before Adam’s sin, and he has defended this view explicitly. Dr Catchpoole wrote a fine overview on this issue, showing Craig’s fallacy (‘Billions of years’ makes Christians dumb (and atheists loud): A brilliant way to muzzle Christians: Get them to believe in long ages), so I won’t dwell on this here.

Craig vs creation days

Craig recently gave a series of talks where he attacked the biblical creationist view on the days of Genesis 1. In this article’s title, I indicated that this attack was “intellectually dishonest”, and I will explain that now. Any honest attack on a particular view should address the strongest claims for this view, which in turn demands that the critic should address the leading works defending this view. However, it becomes abundantly clear that Craig lacks the slightest familiarity with the leading creationist works on the issue (see recommended material, top right, for those from CMI). This is especially glaring when he attributes to young earth creationists a view that neither I nor anyone else in CMI has ever defended, and don’t know of any YEC who has; rather, this is a common view among old-earth compromisers! This will be demonstrated in the responses to his main points below:

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Its as rare as hens teeth to find a serious apologist who supports YEC. Its a limiting view.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet, they are out there.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes because an appeal to numbers proves it all.

5. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Try Bob Dutko

6. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: