1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by agedman, Jun 14, 2015.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone going with windows 10 when it comes out as a free downgrade - oops - download latter this month?

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have reserved it but will install on one only for a look around. I feel like free is an introduction to a subscription service in a year or two, but if so, there is always Linux and downgrading to 8 till they kill it off :)

Not really holding my breath with MS.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not really interested in 10 now - 7's working fine for me but I'd love to know how to get the reminder off my toolbar.

Rob

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm running 8.1 on my desktop, so I plan to try the upgrade on it. My laptop has 7, and I'll hold off on it until I see how the desktop upgrade turns out.

5. Allenafaith

Allenafaith New Member

I have Windows 10 and I like it as long as I look past the bugs I am facing. There's so much wrong with it but the look is too good to hate it. I love it better than Windows 7. I probably wouldn't ever change back.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Want to upgrade to Windows 10 from Win 7, but if I do my accounting software will not work on it. So I'm stuck.

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, removing that would be nice. Like being held hostage until ransom is paid.

8. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Google it, it can be removed, do not remember how though.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

I am currently running Windows 8 on my laptop computer, and so far, I am pretty satisfied with its performance so I don't think I would ever consider upgrading my OS to Windows 10 in the near future.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Time for a Mac...:)

11. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Having some doubts here about 'upgrading' to 10. My wife did this on her laptop, didn't like it so much, uninstalled it and then the computer would not reboot to 7. She had to restore the system to factory settings at that point.

A little more info - the laptop had 7 installed on it when bought new, but had an 8 official Windows label on it, one of those holographic labels.

We called the manufacturer and they more than gladly gave us some 7 disks for free, they were very accommodating. We wondered at that point if they had taken some of these not so likable Windows 8 computers (we bought it when 8 first came out) and illegally put 7 on it instead.

Is there any real reason to upgrade to 10? I've liked 7 a lot, better than any system they've had.

12. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

I'm living in the dark ages, I'm still on Vista. I don't think it is eligible for the "FREE" upgrade to 10, but for what I do the Vista works just fine. We still have two desktops that get used once in a long while, that are running Win98.

We also have a laptop and a desktop using Win7. We bought a laptop with the Win8 installed, but sent it back to Dell.

The Win7 desktop is in desperate need of being slicked, and re-installing windows. I might try out Win10 when I get a round to it.

round-tuit.png

13. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is making the rounds that Microsoft is automatically uploading files to computers running 7 and up so that they can automatically up you to 10 when they so desire. There are even some that have said no to 10 that are being switched to yes.

10 may be the law of the land if Microsoft goes through with what they seem to be doing.

The only option would be to turn off updates if you are 8.1 or below. (That may not even work if they desire a 10 world bad enough.)

14. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

It absolutely 100% is not a lead in for a subscription service so don't worry there. End user upgrades isn't even where Microsoft makes money from Windows anyway so there is no reason not to give out a free upgrade.

15. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I finally had to buy a newer desktop computer as my old computer from 2006 was slow and out of date!!

My Newer desktop computer is an i3 Dual Core at 3.7 Ghz 16 GB of ram and 2.5 hard-drive space and it uses Window 10!!

Love Always and Shalom ( Peace ) Everyone, YSIC \o/

Kristi Ann

• Like Like x 1
  16. MsGuidedAngel

MsGuidedAngel Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops so sorry my Hard-Drives is 2.5 TB

17. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have 10. No problems, Incredibly stable. I have it on my laptop and I can go months without a reboot or slow-downs from the operating system's failure to release memory when applications are terminated. This is a departure from my 7 computer at work, which needs regular rebooting to release memory from applications.

I had a Vista desktop and was so glad when 8 came along. The upgrade was a huge improvement. Vista, to my mind, was inferior to ME (but I realize that my lack of problems with ME appears to be an anomaly).

There are a few things about the 10 interface I had to get used to, but it was well worth the upgrade. Finally, I think, it delivered on what Windows had promised to be for decades.

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Win10 has been a MUCH better interface than Win8 was. Personally, I still prefer Win7; but Win10 has grown on me.