1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Debby in Philly, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anybody out there on this new thing yet? I wasn't planning to, but my trusty old WindowsME machine flat-lined this week, and I decided to buy a new machine. I got a Compaq with a 610GB hard drive and 1024MB RAM. Very spiffy, but a very different "look and feel," at least to me.

As to my old machine, a friend of mine says he thinks it's the power supply, and is going to lend me a device that I can put my old hard drive in after removing it from the old machine, and plug it into a USB port on the new one, and copy my data. (Of course me the mainframe IT professional didn't have a backup.) Hope it works.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No backup!!!!!!!!! You must also bungy dive, base jump and skydive in your off time and all without a bungy cord or parachute! :laugh:

Power supplies are usually under 50 if it isn't something unique if you want to keep the old buddy for sentimental reasons :thumbs: They are usually pretty easy to change as well. On the other hand with a new kid on the block, not much reason to.

That is a big hard drive and you will probably need it. When I put my 300 gig in I never dreamed I'd ever need that much. Pretty close to full now. Then again when I installed my first 10 meg drive in my vendex I thought the same thing :tonofbricks:

3. His Blood Spoke My Name

Bought Vista Home Edition Upgrade this week. compatibility tests show my pc can run it, yet when I installed it it gave me the blue screen of death each time I tried to restart.

I rolled back to Xp.