1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wisconsin voter id law re-instated by appeals court

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Sep 14, 2014.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...sin-Voter-ID-Law-Re-Instated-by-Appeals-Court

WISCONSIN VOTER ID LAW RE-INSTATED BY APPEALS COURT

Just ahead of the 2014 elections, a federal appeals in Wisconsin approved the implementation of the state's voter ID law.

The three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit ruled that the Badger State could implement its voter ID law while the courts hear cases over the constitutionality of the law.

But the appeals court decided that the state had such a good case that there was no longer any reason to hold up the law.

"The panel has concluded that the state's probability of success on the merits of this appeal is sufficiently great that the state should be allowed to implement its law," said the ruling.

The appeals court ruling means that the voter ID law will be in force for the November 2014 elections.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is only one reason to oppose viter id laws. To let illegals vote. The false claim that it hurts poor people is a lie. No one objects to having an id to drive or purchase alcohol. We all know that the poor do both.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in Wisconsin, most of this has been less about illegals voting and more about Democratic voter fraud in the upcoming gubernatorial election. The Dems and the public-sector unionistas (but I repeat myself) loathe Scott Walker.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

This is a bit off OP, but I couldn't let this pass. ( I do work p/t in a C-Store. Actually many people do object to showing ID for booze. What I find interesting is that they will say they don't have their ID - but when they leave, they get in their car and drive off - WHAT - with no license! Wish the police were in the store when that happened!