1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

witchcraft

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by christine, Apr 29, 2003.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

But the BIBLE SAYS
    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.
    12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.

I cannot go against what my Bible says.

Diane

2. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

How can we expose the unfruitful works of darkness without speaking of them? The shame is in speaking of them WITHOUT reproving them. These verses are actually telling us to reprove them FOR it is shameful and it is shameful even to talk about doing these things, let alone actually doing those thing. Can you see that you can't have one verse telling you to expose their works and and then say that the next verse tells you NOT to expose their works?

3. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

That's wonderful, but it is a far cry from the reality of today's youth. I dont' know what ages your kids are, but I'd advice you not to assume that your children are as naive about sinful things as you were. Even if they're homeschooled (like me, but I play sports with the "normal" kids, of whom about 80% of my teammates are proud of their drug use and all but one brag about being sexually active) or go to a private school, they will still come into much contact. In fact, a local Christian school expelled some students a couple months ago for homosexual relationships. I only say all of this to point out that it is impossible for you to control what knowledge your children will pick up outside your home.

Yes, you SHOULD use scriptures, but that probably isn't going to be enough in a case like this, especially since it doesn't sound like the girl is saved. Think of it as you would if your daughter were looking into Hinduism. You could simply give her the Scriptural reasons why other religions are wrong. But wouldn't it be so much more effective if you could also teach her the weaknesses of Hinduism?

Maybe it's a mute point, hopefully Christine's daughter will just forget about Wicca. But if it comes up again, Christine should be prepared to deal with the issue instead of trying to shut it out, which is all but impossible.

Thanks Artimaeus, that was the interpretation I was trying to give but couldn't quite get out.

4. christine

christine New Member

Actually, I had someone email me, and he gave me a few good sites written by ex-wicca members. It addresses the beliefs and the flaws in them.
    Chlirissa is very smart and logical. I know that just demanding she stop will not change her belief in these things, it will only stop her studying them. I do think I have to approach this in a manner which will disprove it and show it for what it is.
    I also grew up like diane, but It did not stop me from learning elsewhere (the preachers daughter taught me about sex). I was constantly monitored and went to a christian school, but still knew much more than I was supposed to.
    I often think of a couple things that happened when my daughter was young. She never was away from me, except while I worked (at the sitter).
    One day, at age 2 she put 3 cans of spam in the shopping cart and said she loved it. I had never given her spam. It made me realize that no matter how we try to shelter them, other people will always have an influence.
    A second example was: in kindergarten she was playing the alphabet game, unfortunately she got the letter "N". Well needless to say she blurted out a racial remark starting with a "N". I had a terrible time explaining that I had no idea where she had heard this. What made it worse was that the teacher, principle and all but one other student, was black. I got accused of teaching hate to my child. To this day I still don't know where she heard it.
    Christine