1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured With thanks to SavedByMercy for defending Calvinsm

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by BobRyan, Jan 18, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

conv 1

I have already told you, not going over it again ! See post 108

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

This was your answer from post #108....

So Abel sinned in Adam? Who did Cain sin in?

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (Removed; unnecessary)

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Cain sinned in the Wicked One ! The wicked one sinned from the beginning scripture says ! 1Jn 3:8 !

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Okay. How did he sin in the wicked one?

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The same way the Elect sinned in Adam !

7. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Willis,
    I could very well be wrong, bur I think I may have a handle on what the resident knucklehead is getting at. It seems that everything he believes flows from his thinking about Election. Here goes:

In the eternal realm, God chose, ordained, and predestined everything that would come to pass in this earthly realm. It's a very, very strict form of fatalism. In another thread, Icon mentioned SBM's view that God is the author of sin. For the record, I did not see thus asserted by SBM directly, I could have missed it.

Anywho, in this extreme fatalism, everything happens by God's choice - sin, salvation, what you ate for breakfast, etc. All we're doing in this realm is living in a rerun.

So before anyone was ever born, God determined every action, every thought, every choice. No thought or action finds its root in man.

Adam was chosen to be saved, and to be the "federal head" of those who are children of God. All those chosen to salvation were chosen to be in Adam - in eternity. They sinned in eternity and they were saved in eternity - all by God's choosing.

The children of the devil were not chosen to be children of God, so their sin was not "in Adam"

I'm not sure, but there may be a different classification for sin, depending on whether one was chosen to be in Adam or a child of the devil. The chosen few might have been chosen to commit redeemable sins, while the children of wrath might have been.predestined to commit nonredeemable sins

Maybe similar to the Roman Catholic idea of venial sin versus mortal sin?

If I'm understanding him right, this may be closer to some form of Preexistence

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

SBM is at best, supporting 'two seedism', at worst, 'serpent seedism'...

Both advocate two seeds, one from Cain...see Kenites according to Arnold Murray's ilk...

Both advocate the seed of Cain as being of the 'unsaveable' seed...

I see it that all fell in Adam, both elect and non-elect...

Neither of the forementioned 'doctrines' advocate that...

Out of the seed of Adam, the chosen shall be saved. But both elect and non-elect come from one seed...

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

And what was this way in which Cain fell? If Adam's fall never affected him, something did. Now, what caused it?

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I just told you how cain fell, in the Wicked One who sinned from the beginning 1 John 3:8 ! Maybe you are not intelligent enough to understand these things. Adam sinned in the beginning and the devil sinned from the beginning ! That is two different heads or fathers !

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical calvinist response when they cannot clarify their own position.

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I have explained my position, would like to review with me what I said thus far ?

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

he who is doing the sin, of the devil he is, because from the beginning the devil doth sin; for this was the Son of God manifested, that he may break up the works of the devil;(1 John 3:8 YLT)

So Cain sinned in the wicked one, and Abel sinned in Adam? So when the seed of Adam sins they sin in Adam? That's what both 'serpent seed' and 'two seed' doctrine advocate. Both are heretical to the very core...

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

NO!!! You've already done enough damage...

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Yeah, the devils seed sinned in him and Adams seed sinned in him ! God said that the devil had a seed right here Gen 3:15 ! Do you believe God's word ?

16. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having had extensive conversations with Willis, I know he believes God's word...

The problem is that you have demonstrated no biblical acumen whatsoever. You simply are not able--at this point--to "rightly divide the word of truth." As you've demonstrated time and time again, you give no consideration to context or authorial intent, choosing, rather, to infuse the text with what you wish it says rather than what it actually says. Like the proverbial broken watch that is right only twice per day, you may get a few things right, but that is only by coincidence.

The meaning of many texts that you fracture has been plainly shown to you by me, Willis, and almost countless others (even those who are non-Calvinists!), yet you will not give heed to those who demonstrate an ability to consider context and apply a proper hermeneutic. So, you can no longer ignorance. Indeed you are demonstrating yourself to have what you've foolishly and wrongly accused Willis of--a lack of intelligence.

Though a word to the wise should be sufficient, I'm sure you'll demonstrate yourself to be "Otherwise" as you have so many times in the past.

The Archangel

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't asked him the right question: if Cain is of the devil, who was his mother?

(Adam was created by God; I'm curious to see if SBM says Cain was created by Satan)

18. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a typical Calvinist response? What's the typical Arminian response?