1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Witnessing to kids

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by faithgirl46, Jun 29, 2005.

1. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was at Walmart recently hen I saw a lady with two daughters who are 2 or 3 and 1. I told the two year old aboutthe story in Matthew 7:24-28 where the wise man built his house on the rock and the foolish man built his house on the sand. I told her that the man who built his house on the rock had the wisdom of the Little Oig who built his house from bricks and the foolish man who built his house on the sand was as foolish as the little oigs who built their houses from twigs and hay.

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I believe it's never too early to tell children about Jesus and what He did for them. I shared Jesus with 34 four and five year old children during VBS two weeks ago using a Salvation bracelet. I let the children 'help' me by asking what they think certain colors might stand for. They'll say the black stands for dirt and yes, our hearts are black with sin. Red will stand for love in their minds but then I tell them how Jesus loved them SO much that he shed His blood for them. White reminds them of snow and those who accept Jesus' gift will have hearts white as snow. Blue is for water and then I take off my wedding rings and ask if I'm still married to Mr. Jim. MANY will say no. I explain that my rings are just to show the world that I'm married to Mr. Jim but if I take off my rings to put on lotion or have them fixed at the jewelry store that it NEVER changes the fact that I'm married. Water baptism is a sign just like those rings, but to show the world that we've asked Jesus into our hearts. Baptism does NOT save us! Green reminds us of grass and boy does grass grow! We need to talk to God every day about everything and read our Bibles. I use a big Lego set as an example of 'instruction book'. If I try to take out 1,000 pieces of Lego and make something, it'll just be a big mess but if I read the INSTRUCTIONS, I can make something beautiful. The Bible is God's Instruction Book for how to live our life! There's more but you get the idea and it REALLY stays with the children! I do NOT ask for decisions or hand raising. I do NOT pray the sinners prayer. I tell them to talk with mom and dad about what we shared today.

[​IMG]
    Moderators, please forgive this image size. I think this is an important item to share.

http://www.oakgrove-baptist.org/SalvationBracelet/Request/SalvationBracelet.aspx

The link above will lead you to a little church where you can ask for a FREE bracelet and print out what to say with each knot and bead. They've touched people all over the world with this ministry!

3. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Or to help teach kids empathy, have the kids gather canned foods, kool aid etc and give the food to the local food bank. That way they are copying Jesus' example of the fish and the loafs of bread.

4. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Diane, I think I had a bracelet like the one you showed. My manicurist gave it to me some time ago. I believe her daughter or granddaughter makes them.

5. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Diane, I agree it is never too early to start witnessing to kids. A parent to be can read his or her child stories from the Bible and play Gospel songs to them.

6. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I love working with the little ones!

I love your talking to the kids faithgirl and I love your bracelet Diane!

I used to take two-year-olds on walks, armed with paper bags, and as we gathered leaves and flowers we talked about God making them, God loving us, God watching over us so we don't need to worry.

Recently the Sunday School lesson for some little bitty ones was on "where your heart is." We let the little ones form a circle and name things that might be something that made God happy, vs what would just make us happy. As they said something that would please God, they faced inside the cirlce. As they said something that might be more about pleasing man, they faced outside the cirlce, so they got to do a lot of twirling, and a little bit of thinking about how to apply God to their little kindergarten lives.

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Our S/S lesson this week is Hannah praying for a child and then how she had lots of children even tho quite old. THIS year I'm going to skip the part where they asked if she'd been drinking. A visiting child, last year, told all about her mother drinking a lot of beer but dad liking the hard stuff! :eek:

8. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Take the story of Goldilocks and The Three Bears to teach kids about not coveting your neighbor's belongings, not stealing, humbleness, respecting other's propety, and the like. Tell the story but add that Papa Bear follows Goldilocks home and lets her mom know what she did. Goldilocks' mom could require her to help Mama Bear with the house work, teaching Baby bear how to count, his alphabet,teaching Baby Bear about Jesus among other things. Goldilocks can know what she did was wrong intellectually, but knowing it spirtually may be another story. You may as the kids to think of what they would do if they were Goldilocks' mom or Mama Bear. How would they handle what Goldilocks did?
    Faithgirl46

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

10. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thank you, Diane.
    Faithgirl46