1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WOF Evangelist Indicted

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by dh1948, Aug 4, 2005.

1. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that Evangelist Morris Cerullo has been indicted on charges of filing false income tax returns.

This "name-it-claim-it" evangelist apparently (allegedly) overlooked the "claim-it" part !

2. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Sounds like he claimed it but couldn't name it.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Cerullo is a fraud of the worst kind. He claims to be able to predict the future and heal the sick. He has been quoted as telling congregations "when you look at me, you look at God".

Cerullo has also been sued in the past several times by members of his own organization, citing "unethical and fraudulent fund-raising techniques."

Caveat: Morris Cerullo should not be confused with C David Cerullo, his son. The younger Cerullo has made his own niche and remained relatively above board and credible.

4. Pete

Pete New Member

Not familiar with this one myself...But oh well, one down, how many to go? ;) :D

And I just sensed a disturbance in the force....Soon ... "someone" (who is not from the name-it claim-it and frame-it camp...honest) ... will post something about not touching the Lord's anointed and people are innocent until proven guilty and we all should be ashamed of ourselves and etc etc etc.... :rolleyes: :D

I could be wrong though, I'm not a prophet ;)

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

"Not touching God's anointed" is relevant to someone with whom we might disagree with in regards to how they deliver scriptural message, or with interpretation, or with disagreements in methodology, or the like. But when it comes to outright decieves like this man, it simply doesn't apply.

6. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Since we're all Christians here, 'Christian' means 'little Christ' and 'Christ' means 'Anointed One', then we're ALL the Lord's anointed and apparently exempt from criticism, not just dear old Morris...

Yours in Christ

Matt

7. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

In spite of the man's severe lack of credibility, this IS America.
    And one IS innocent in a court of law until proven guilty.

OR how would YOU take it if accusations were made about you and EVERYONE assumed you were guilty by reason of indictment alone?

Whether he is saved or not doesn't matter.
    "Do unto others..." Or does that only apply to they with whom you agree?

In HIS service;
    Jim

8. atestring

atestring New Member

AMen Jim,
    That makes me proud to be an American