1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Woman as an ordained minister

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SaggyWoman, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

sell all you have and give it to the poor....that's what we did.NOW it is VERY tough. I've got two kid's in college, to the tune of 40,000 plus per year...but WE TRUST IN THE LORD !! If he doesn't want this, he will surely let us know.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What about when Paul speaks for God?

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No need to do that when you can "caveat" Paul's teachings to fit your church's practices, you know, like:

1 Timothy 2:12
    But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over any man at church, but to be in silence when the saints assemble, except if she is a prominent special guest speaker.

4. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

No one speaks for God, but THE HOLY SPIRIT, whom
    Christ sent !

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nah - We use our house for ministry including housing those in need. The boat is also used for ministry and even though we've gotten to the point of ready to sell, God makes it clear that it's to still be used for Him. So we'll hang onto it. :)

Of course, we're ready to move into a trailer if we have to but so far, God's held us in this house even though we've been ready to leave 3x in the 19 years we've been here.

None of this is ours. It's His.

Wow - it's great that you can afford two kids in college to the tune of $40,000. You could certainly feed a lot of needy with that money but that's OK.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And yet we see the Holy Spirit inspiring the words of Paul, huh?

7. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

Yeah, that is the one thing that we struggle daily with. But, God shared with MY WIFE( A WOMEN ) that our Girls need to further their educations in order to spread HIS LOVE. I'm going with that, because she is one of 4 Christians I know.

8. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

God don't need a house OR a boat to minister to the lost ! Sell it ! give the moneys to the poor ...in the name of JESUS !!!!

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tell ya what I'm gonna do.

I'll sell when you pull your daughters from college, OK?

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Neither does God need a computer. Thought about selling yours lately? :eek:

11. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

Yes I have, it's a e-machine circa 1999, how much will you give me ?

12. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

I just told you that God Almighty wants our girls to go to college , based on the Lord's witness to my wife, which I will not go against, because SHE is a Christian.

I am a sorry human being , but, I love and believe in Jesus....now tell me I am not saved because I BELIEVE MORE IN JESUS' WORDS THAN PAUL'S...I dare ya ..

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So am I. So you won't listen to me?

Well, I'm sorry to say that you may be a Christian but one who is not learned in the Word of God but very immature. I could recommend that maybe you study the Scriptures to see just how much weight the words that Jesus quotes - which means that they held a lot of weight even before He said them. Why is that? Because He wrote it all. Do not listen to the "red letter" people because some are actually heretics and others are false teachers. Be wise.

14. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

People who trust in Jesus word's are heretics ? Come on now Annsi. You HAVE BEEN MISLEAD !

15. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

BTW I don't call myself a Christian. Only a believer and a Baptist..But my wife, and Chuck Poole...I KNOW THEY ARE CHRISTIANS !

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That's all the Christians you know and you don't consider yourself one?

What is a Christian to you, may I ask? What's the difference between a Christian and a believer?

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't know anything about Chuck Poole but when I looked him up and looked at his statement of beliefs, I don't see one word about Scripture. What does he believe about the Bible? I can't tell because it must not be important enough to post on his church's website. I see no theology beliefs listed at all. What kind of Baptist church is that??

18. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

Well the only "True" christian I know "for sure" is Jesus Christ....but my wife and Chuck Poole have displayed this characteristic more than any person i have met in this lifetime. I only call myself a believer because it would be VERY presumptuous to include myself, as a Christian. I relate more with Saint Paul- The Chief of All Sinners. THE ONLY THING I KNOW , FOR SURE, IS THAT JESUS WAS A CHRISTIAN.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1Jn 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

20. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

Chuck works 24-7 to SERVE the needs of the "least of these", as GOD directs him...what do you do ? DO NOT QUESTION THIS MAN OF GOD....I have seen Jesus Christ work MIRACLES though this man...YOU MAY CALL HIM A "LIBERAL" , But I call him a Man sent from GOD almighty !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.