1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Woman Hit By Lightning While Praying

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by music4Him, May 31, 2006.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Here we are told to seek shelter inside only this lady was in her kitchen if I am reading it right it came through the floor! :eek: So now the idea is to go inside and stay away from water pipes when its lighting. :D

To read the whole story click on link.
    http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060530124809990007&cid=2359

Here's a few paragraphs I though note worthy.

DAPHNE, Ala. (May 29) - Worried about the safety of her family during a stormy Memorial Day trip to the beach, Clara Jean Brown stood in her kitchen and prayed for their safe return as a strong thunderstorm raged through Baldwin County.
    Suddenly, lightning exploded, blowing through the linoleum and leaving a pockmarked area on the concrete. Brown wound up on the floor, dazed and disoriented by the blast but otherwise uninjured.
    "I said, 'Amen,' and the room was engulfed in a huge ball of fire," she said. "I'm blessed to be alive."
    ---------------------------------------------------

James Brown (Her husband) said fire officials told him lightning likely struck across the street from the couple's home and traveled into the house through a water line. The lightning continued into the couple's backyard and ripped open a small trench, James Brown said. Pieces of concrete were scattered throughout the family's kitchen - ruining day-old brownies sitting on the stove.

2. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

That is amazing! I can't believe she wasn't injured at all! That will be a story and a half for testimony time! :thumbs:

Thanks for sharing!

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

That is pretty amazing. I guess that gives a whole new meaning to a powerful time of prayer.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

God does say he answers prayer.
    He doesn't say it will be the easy answer though. LOL
    We gotta think of these things when we pray.

*note to self*

During lightning storm, take it a step further and ask for safety AND no really really really close calls either!

I have learned to pray specifically during certain things, because if you think our Father has no sense of humor...you're wrong. Sometimes I think I even hear him laughing and saying something like this to me: "Hey chicky, you said you wanted to make it THROUGH this time in your life, not that you wanted to make it through GRACEFULLY! And you made it through, dinya? DINYA?!" :laugh:

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Oh Pastor SBC, GROOOOOOAAANNN!

Come on though, you can do better.

She was enlightened as to how electrifying prayer can be.

When she saw the lightening, she bolted.

Wonder what flashed through her mind right after?

Did the lightening thunder through?

It really rained on her parade on this particular Memorial day!

Particular. HAAAAAAAAAAA I didn't even catch that one for a minute, and I typed it!

I'm gonna go giggle now.
    Feel free to dazzle us with your own puns...

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Acually I would say it was probley a shocking experience. [​IMG]

But still the same I am glad she is alright.:flower:

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Oh, I am sorry. I will try to do better ma'am. :thumbsup: