1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

women deacons

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by chipsgirl, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Chips Girl

I would recommend that you have a talk with one of the youth professors at SWBTS, always a consevative seminary, and now even more so under Paige Patterson. SWBTS trains and graduates many female youth ministers every year. Either Wes Black, who is also associate dean of the PHD program in the school of Educational Ministries or Richard Ross, who was the main Architect of True Love Waits can give you Godly advisement and also let you know of different opportunites for ministry for female youth ministers. Another good resource for you is Karen Jones who teaches Youth Ministry at Huntington College in Indiana and Golden Gate Seminary. Dr Jones is also a SWBTS graduate.

If you are being called by God into youth ministry I would encourage you to fully explore what it takes. As you have seen from this board, there are those that will encourage you, and those that will throw road blocks in your path. Unfortuately in Southern Baptist Life that is the rule not the exception for women who are called to ministry by God. My opinion is that a youth minister is operating under the authority of the pastor, and as long as she is under his authority is working in God's will.

In my own experience, I taught in youth sunday school with a Female youth minister. Not only was she the most organized youth minister I have ever seen, she was the most committed to discipleship that I have ever known (she was also a blast to hang out with and talk to). Of the products of her ministry, there have been three pastors (that I know of) and several missionaries, and youth pastors. Many of these kids that are now in full time serivce were non churched.

If you would like to get in touch with Dr Black or Dr Ross there email address are below, or you can call them at 817-923-1921

[email protected] or [email protected]

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Honor your father and your mother does not include an age disclaimer. </font>[/QUOTE]You've changed the subject.
    I did not say anyting like dishonor your parents.
    Do your parents rule over you? Do they dictate what you will do daily, who you will talk too, where you will go?
    Then if you declare a boy of 12 to be a man, then he no longer is under the rule of his parents.
    Honoring parents has nothing to do with them dictating your life once you have become an adult. And apparenly that is puberty.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

What I'm asking, and you aren't answering, is do you not give your son biblical instruction? And will you stop when he is 12? At age 12 your declaring him done, he's finished with anything you can teach him, you will never again mention scripture or teachings from scripture to him?

And what is the difference, you do it here all the time. Address men,a nd quote scripture where men will be reading it. Isn't this a place of 'biblical instruction'? When people ask questions about scripture, don't you ever answer them outside the PWF?

4. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Ok! Calm down folks. None of us really know each other than what we write here on the BB so personal attacks are pretty silly. I think most of you all are quite a bit older than me therefore I respect your alls advice and comments. Please don't ruin it for me. :(
    I am going to start a new thread about women being in ministry (youth, childrens, etc...) to prevent this one from going any farther into that. If you all wish to start one about men's/women's authority in the home, then have at it.
    Thanks.
    ~Allie~

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And before the fur flies, I am closing this thread. Just reading the last two pages proves some points to me.

Topic Closed