1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women in charge???

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by tamborine lady, Sep 17, 2004.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Tragic_pizza,
    I don't know if you were being sacastic or not in the way you said "leave it to the Baptist to interpret what God means". I was just letting you know I don't listen to a "denominational interpretation" I will however listen to the Holy Ghost, because the scripture says, that ~"he" (being the Holy Ghost) will teach you all things.

I didn't mean to offend you. I did however hope you would see the "smiley's, smiling face with the thumb sicking up" in the post? If I was out of line with my jeering I would apologize.

Music4Him

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So am I to understand that you do not attend a denominationa church?

3. music4Him

music4Him New Member

tragic-pizza,
    here latley I have visited a Bapitst church, a Methodist church, a Non-denominational church and a Full Gospel church (I have just found there is a Presbyterian church about 30 miles away that hopefully I can visit soon) (The funny thing is nothing jumped out and got me in none of those places! LOL)
    But acually the churches that I have visited so far are preaching the gospel of Christ, as I assume your church does and if any church will stay with the teachings of Christ.... what does the name of the denomination have to do with it?

BTW, I have attended a Full Gospel church for the last year and prior to that I attended a Baptist church up the road.

Now then may I ask what your resoning is by asking me this:
    ------------------------------------------------
    So am I to understand that you do not attend a denominationa church?
    ------------------------------------------------

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I'm just attempting to understand the mindset. Either one receives instruction from the teachings of the church, from the church and one's own study, or from one's own study alone. In any case, the moment someone says, "well, I just let the Spirit tell me what to think," then any argument contrary to that person's position is deemed unspiritual.

5. Rooster

Rooster New Member

The Bible is very clear on a husband and wife relationship, the Bible tells a man to love his wife, and to treat her as the weaker vessel, to leave his parents house (probably because a man, in many cases won't stand up to his parents like a woman would), and it tells a woman to submit to her husband , in other word show a little respect, God created a divine order to the husband and wife relationship, a divine order that even the angels of heaven don't know anything about insubordination, I belive that it goes even deeper than husband and wife, but even carries over to man and woman, men should have a loving attitude twoards women, and women should have a submisive respect of men, if each play their part in the divine order of things, than no one is treated wrongfuly <==did I just make that word up? I read somewere in this thread where someone asked if women can be electricians, or plumbers, my answer is those are jobs for a man, not because a woman couldn't do it, but it is a mans responsibility to support thier family, I myself strugle to put food on my families table, how many jobs are taken by a woman that I could be working instead? A woman should have rule over the house, the kids and so on, because after a hard day of work, the man should be able to come home kick off his shoes, and rest for tomarrow. That is the Biblical order of things, the Divine order that is in Gods will, the liberal woman philosiphy is a direct Satanic attak, and a rebelion against God. Remember God Created Man, gave him dominion over the earth, and then created woman.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

How many plumbing jobs have you lost to a woman? How many electrician's jobs have you lost to a woman?

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

LOL goodness! I don't know now if this thread will switch over to "what denomination of a church is in charge", or not, but its kinda scary (and possibly dangerous) to let a "church" dictate what you believe. I didn't say I will just let "any spirit" teach me.......I said the "Holy Ghost" will teach me because, Jesus said it in John 14:46. [​IMG]

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So, music, if I disagree with you, I am not listening to the Spirit?

9. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

1st John 2-27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

This is the Spirit that Music is talking about.

Peace,

Tam

10. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So if I disagree, I am not listening to the Spirit?

11. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Hey tragic,
    I'm not the one disagreeing? LOL I just said I listen to the "HOLY GHOST".

~Thanks Tam :-D And yes that 1 John 2:27 is right on.

12. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yes, and that isn't an answer.

13. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Me thinks we have gotten ~

[​IMG]

The OP titled the thread "Women in Charge" and we have gone from that to a denomination vs the Holy Spirit!?! :confused:

[​IMG] §ue

14. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Well tragic,
    I have a PM button use it and clarify what has bent you all out of shape.

Sue, I think so too. Wonder if a moderator will close this topic?
    If not here is the topic open to disscussion......

And yes ~Tam, women are allowed. Its in the Old and New Testament.

15. Rooster

Rooster New Member

How many plumbing jobs have you lost to a woman? How many electrician's jobs have you lost to a woman?

its not a question of how many jobs Ive lost to a woman, as it is how many jobs did I not get because there was allready a woman filling that job, many a time have I looked up and seen a woman working on the phone lines, or as an electircian, or plumer, at Disneyland, or working for the school district as a trades person, or the county, Certainly I would not hold anyone back from supporting thier family, and in todays society, in many cases both husband and wife work, in order to put food on the table, but if we lived our lives according to Gods will (everyone) then maybe it wouldn't be so hard to support a family, back when men were men, and women were women, the man went out and finacialy suported his family, instead of getting some poor girl pregnant, and ditching her, and the woman would stay home, raise the kids, cook diner, and take care of stuff around the house, instead of wanting to compete in a mans world , trying to prove what ever it is women think they need to prove, the point is there was a harmonious balance, since the decline of that harmonious balance society has fallen apart, in a big way, could it be a result of not living in Goids will?

16. I Am Blessed 24

music: The thread will remain open unless it turns nasty and the name-calling and personal attacks start.

rooster: You mean before women had the right to vote?

Did you ever once think that maybe that woman, who had a job, you 'wanted' was perhaps a young widow supporting her children?

I've been there (at age 27) and I did whatever I had to do to keep my four children fed. I wasn't competing nor trying to prove ANYTHING and would have loved to stay home and care for my family.

I was also thrown into the role or "ruler" of my home. So, yes Tam, women are allowed to rule!

If God did not expect a woman to make any intelligent decisions; why did he give her a brain?

Walk a mile in my shoes...

§ue

17. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

:type}

Thanks Sue, I needed that!!

At last, someone with common sense!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] :cool:

Tam

18. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I'm not bent out of shape. I am simply trying to find out what happens if two Christians, both of whom claim the leadership and guidance of the Spirit, disagree.

19. I Am Blessed 24

They just agree to disagree?

20. Rooster

Rooster New Member

No.

Did you not read where I wrote:
    Certainly I would not hold anyone back from supporting thier family, and in todays society, in many cases both husband and wife work, in order to put food on the table,

A perfect responce from a Godly woman , and sorry for your loss. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

By God's definition, women are thee rulers of thier home, and men are the rulers of thier family Genesis 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou salt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

God expects everyone to make intelligent desicions, where did I say other wise?

...and you in mine.