1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women in pants

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by bodyofchrist32, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Mmmm. Melted internet. I wonder if it goes good with a glass of ice cold milk. :laugh:

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

The figure isn't, but the heart of man that still has the depraved nature attached to it is SINFUL! If it wasn't, God would not have said it was deceitful and desprately wicked.:sleep:

My wife even admitted to lusting after me everytime I wore a new uniform:saint:

We've had four children: each time I changed jobs and got a new uniform.....:sleeping_2:

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

It all has to do with those who are in the spiritual battle against the powers of darkness and everything that exalteth itsself against God as priests.

I battle spiritually when seeing a women wearing immodest apparel.

Maybe I should go and bury my head in the sand and become absolutely of no use to tell others about Jesus!:tongue3:

Get thee behind me satan!

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

The reason you call it a "bummer" is due to the carnality of most congregations having to have this spelled out for them as what the expectations of the church is concerning apparel. This is usually so the pastor won't get accused of "hammering" the issue.

What I've seen right in our own church is how the knee-length skirt and dress is supposed to be atleast two inches below the knee while sitting, yet many times the regular ladies trio and others skirts are above the knee while standing!

Nothing is ever said.:type:

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Again, good grief! Why not put the women in burkas and be done with it? Or, maybe you need to attend an all male church so that your flesh isn't tempted.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am quite sure that if you were to get a job with a tallow works that would not happen.

7. bodyofchrist32

bodyofchrist32 New Member

I am not trying to condone lust by any means. But, the sad fact is, that it is a sin that all men struggle with. That is why God instructed women to dress modestly, so they would not become stumblingblocks.

8. Spinach

Spinach New Member

Seeing my husband in a suit drives me wild. Should he not wear one?

Some of these posts had me cracking up, especially the one about the coat.

9. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    horse, I command you, rise !!

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

One of the best posts in this thread. :thumbsup:

Ed

11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

A second good post! :thumbs:

Ed

12. Spinach

Spinach New Member

It is my understanding (limited though it may be) that pants come from "breeches", which men in the Bible wore. I've heard preaching that anything with a breech was meant for men and not women.

So here are my random thoughts on the subject:

1. Would that include panty hose?

2. According to Webster's 1828, breeches are like shorts and not pants. Perhaps they were a man's underpants?

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Actually, if you study the word "breech" in the Scriptures in context, you'll see that they were worn against the skin to cover the nakedness. In other words they were tighty-whiteys (although probably more like boxers). :D

So ladies, make sure you don't wear your skiivies!

14. Spinach

Spinach New Member

15. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Of all the asinine things that have been bandied about in IBF circles, the 'pants on women' one has to be the worst... after 'wire-rimmed glasses', 'guitars on the platform', computers in the church office', and a host of other no-no's that have been hobby horses of IBF in the past.

I have lived long enough to see that many of the pastors who so fervently preached against 'pow' have gone liberal and their wives now wear pants.

I used to work with a Pentecostal woman who thought 'pow' was immodest, but she thought nothing of climbing up on a ladder in the stockroom and showing off her size XL undies to all the poor guys who just happened to be in the vicinity. Gag!!!!!!!!

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I would never inquire of a woman whether or not she was wearing pants :). Its none of my business.

(UK English joke)

17. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Mex, as I am sure you know, legalism invariably leads to inconsistency.

18. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

My parents were always somewhat opposed to pants on women, yet my dad as a pastor never once preached against it and always left that for families to decide for themselves.

When I went to college, there were some people there that were a little more extreme on the issue and one day my mom and dad were talking to another pastor who was a good friend that taught at the school.
    They were talking about churches they knew of who would not allow women to come into the service in pants and how pathetic that was.

Well, this guy agreed but he was a little more opposed to that then they were.

He said "well, if a lady came into my church in pants I would take them off........."

My mom about died laughing.
    What he MEANT to say (he had had a looong day) was that he would quietly take "them" (the people) off to the side and explain to them.
    But that is not how it came out :)

19. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's this simple-An acquaintance of my wife's told her she shouldn't wear pants because "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man". My wife immediately answered, "These womens' pants DON'T pertain to a man. Now, wouldn't my hubby look awful silly wearing these pink, flower-embellished britches, let alone the fact that they wouldn't fit him?" (The woman with whom my wife was speaking is a mamber of one of the local cults-Jabroney False Witlesses, Penny-Pinchers, etc.)

20. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Ah, yes, the all too extreme point of view as if it means anything at all.:sleep:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.