1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women in the Ministry

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Joy

Joy New Member

I suppose you are right in a sense, in that I have the password to do so. We as moderators are striving to strike a balance between cutting wherever we please, and just trimming when needed. I am not deleting just because I don't agree with someone, even when I think it is not Scriptural. (unless I know it is something the webmaster does not want here- believe me the moderators discuss a few things like that!)
    As with any other person on the BB, I still have the right to debate it. I have only deleted a couple double postings and bad language. The 2 threads that were closed were do to length mostly. I will probably have to close this one soon too! :D :eek:

In a sense, I am doing secretarial work for the webmaster.

I do not have any authority over anyone here on the BB, but just to make sure I do not offend any gentlemen who might look at moderating as authority, I asked the webmaster if I could do the ladies forum instead of others.

2. Sue82

Sue82 Guest

Thank you for your responses. The male director and myself may have to put this on hold for a while. I ask that you join me in prayer about this manner and the Lord leads as He would has us to worship and not our own feelings of tradition. Remember there are several women who have prominent positions in the Bible. Consider Deborah, Pheobe, Rahab, Lydia, and Prisilla. Not to mention others who were very valuable to the Apostle Paul and others and I don't just to feed and clean up after them. I don't think we, as women, are suppose to be preachers or deacons. However, I feel that we are much stiffled in the way that we are currently worshipping our Lord and Savior. May the Spirit of Christ be with you all. [​IMG]

3. Joy

Joy New Member

On that note, I think I will end this thread do to length. It has also digressed quite a bit from it's original question. Thanks for the good discussion and for keeping it above board. :D