1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women Sunday School Teachers

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Gregory Perry Sr., Jan 20, 2005.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

Mrs. Criswell taught Sunday School for years at FBC, Dallas. </font>[/QUOTE]When I was growing up my mother used to say, if your friends jumped off a bridge and drwon themselves in the river would you do it too.
    What others do may be popular, but not always right.

2. thomas not doubting

thomas not doubting New Member

Although I come to this board nearly every day to read at least a handful (or more) of posts, I haven't posted much myself. I must say though, I find myself in complete agreement with both Dr. Bob and Dianetavegia. Women can serve most roles in the local church excpt pastor, deacon and teach over men or adolescent boys (the women SHOULD be teaching over the other women and girls of the church).

The last straw for my leaving a new Evangelical Baptist church was women being brought into Sunday School classes to teach over adult men and couples (not on a permanent basis, but for short periods of time). I felt as though we were all being subtlely 'desensitized'.

(I'm now attending a more traditional Baptist church.)

I believe a lot of the feminist and women's lib philosiphies have invaded the church over the last 30 years, even though as Christians we may try to conciuosly reject that part of out culture, it has affected us in ways that we are no longer aware of.

Just the other day, I overheard heard a female Seminary student telling a male student how women were completely equal to men in the church and that "the fundamentalists have it all wrong". 20 or 30 years ago, she would have been more openly challenged, but not today.

As for Don 3427 comments about men being more aware of 'bullying' problems, he hit the nail right on the head! (Take it from someone who suffered through bullying problems as a child).