1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Women wears open toed shoe, shunned from IFB Church

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by T Alan, Jan 2, 2015.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

A string of assaults and sexual crimes committed by pastors across the country have one thing in common: The perpetrators have ties to the megachurch in Hammond, Indiana.
    http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-M...-Us-Prey-Big-Trouble-at-First-Baptist-Church/

2. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had relatives that suffered from 1st Baptist Hammond in Florida-it was devastating to the family. It happened back in the early 80s-before 82 and the church in Florida tried to sweep it under the carpet and eventually was successful since it was a little boy of 4-5 yrs old

3. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

While I'm a big supporter of modesty and respectability in the church, some of the rules that some churches abide by reek of such non-scriptural legalism as to be bothersome. But, as a friend of mine once said, "not my circus; not my monkeys."

What part of "Jawja" are you in? Here in my neck of the Peach State you can get a brew on Sunday just about anywhere that serves or sells.

4. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Are you wanting to come kill me? I've recently been warned about peep like that. That's why we use pseudonyms here. FREEEKIE.

No, really, I think actually due to a recent Vote one can actually buy alcohol here now 24/7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomaston,_Georgia
    http://youtu.be/0CVLVaBECuc

#44 T Alan, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
  5. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

No desire to kill you, bud. Just curious. I'm actually closer to Gainesville than Atlanta, but I've learned that most non-Georgians think Atlanta is the only place in our state, so I just throw it out as a catch-all location. [/thread derailment]

6. T Alan

T Alan New Member

At least it wont be pre meditated. ;)

[​IMG]

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

OMG!!! What has become of the women now a days!!!!!