1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women who know their place

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by Amy.G, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

WOMEN WHO KNOW THEIR PLACE

Barbara Walters, of 20/20, did a story on gender roles in Kabul , Afghanistan , several years before the Afghan conflict.

She noted that women customarily walked five paces behind their husbands.

She recently returned to Kabul and observed that women still walk behind their husbands. Despite the overthrow of the oppressive Taliban regime, the women now seem to, and are happy to, maintain the old custom.

Ms. Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked, "Why do you now seem happy with an old custom that you once tried so desperately to change?"

The woman looked Ms. Walters straight in the eyes, and without hesitation said, "Land Mines."

Moral of the story is, no matter what language you speak or where you go:

BEHIND EVERY MAN, THERE'S A SMART WOMAN

2. Mississippi John

AMEN Sister Amy !!! Great post !

3. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think they should hang back 8 to 10 paces. Gotta watch out for flying skull fragments dontchaknow. :laugh: :laugh:

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Story is funny--and pretty much true. Not the Barbara Walters part, I don't know about that. The land mines part is what I mean.

I don't mean to take away from the humor, but I do have one request: "Afghani" is used to describe things. "Afghan" is how they refer to people.