1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by amixedupmom, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Molly

Molly New Member

Sure husband and wives can discuss things...that is fine. But,what the husband decides is what is best. When you agree,submission is not an issue....it is when you disagree,the husband should be allowed to lead as he sees best.

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Socialize with men?

It depends on the setting.

On this I get more and more conservative the older I get. I will not go to a friends house if her husband is there by himself(kids or no kids) except if I am picking up or dropping off said kids. Even then I perfer to stay outside in plain view of the neighbors.

Nor will I go to a single mans residence by myself.

As a married woman it is my duty to keep my reputation clean. I never want it to be said that I put myself in a comprimising position.

I also don't allow men to enter the house when T is away unless there is a good reason for it(pest control etc.).

I live in a small town. Talk can get started over anything. I perfer to stay away 'from any appearance of evil'.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Do you believe that a woman can hold a job IF she wants to?

Yes, but a married woman should not be forced to. If she has children and there's any possible way for her to stay home with them, she should.

Do you beleive that a marraige is a partnership OR do you believe it's otherwise. If you do why?

Yes, it's a partnership.

Do you beleive that a woman can speak up in church and speak her mind?

Yes, but I would advise caution in wording. For example, I try to present my thoughts as questions. I've seen overbearing women (and men) start talking in church and it turns me off. If I don't think I can say things in church without becoming overbearing I'm quiet, although I was lost in thought last Sunday and presented something in a matter of fact "this is what you can do" way instead of what I should have started it with to be less intrusive, which would been "Pastor, do you think it's ok if..."
    It hit me after I said it and it was too late, so now I know to be more careful. [​IMG]

Do you think that a woman can stand up for her personal convictions and or beliefs? Why or why not?

If you don't come spend a few days with me, I'll straighten you out. ;)

Do you think that a woman should be able to socialize with both men and women?

Depends on the situation. Yes, one may socialize but both should be very cautious in what the conversation is and their attitudes when dealing with the opposite sex. I try to avoid striking up a conversation with a guy when his wife is not present unless there are a number of people around, do not go to someone's house when the husband is there alone and if he is I leave, men don't come into my house without their wives. There have been some situations that got rumors started but they have been the exception to the rule and in those cases I had no misgivings or feelings that I did the wrong thing.

Do you belive that a womans place is under neather her husband?

No. Both have obligations to the other, although hers are more of a subservient nature. It was part of the curse. If you've ever had to wash a husband's socks after he's worked all day you'll understand why it was called a curse.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Prov. 31 teaches what her job is already ordained by God.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That teaches an example of a good woman back then. I don't own anything silk, wouldn't know a vineyard if I saw one, I don't use candles and leaving one lit all night would be a fire hazard, and if I rose up and poured Cheerios for everyone while it was still dark I'd probably get committed.
    Gina

6. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

LOL @ Gina... Good point.

I strive to become the Proverbs 31 woman. If nothing else, to prove one exists :-/

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think the point of Prov. 31 is that the godly woman is an industrious lady who blesses her husband and family because of her discipline and diligence. I have known men who would say it is because of their wives that they are where they are today. My grandmother recently died at the age of 97. She was well taken care of because in earlier years she and my grandfather worked hard to make a living and invest wisely. As a result they were able to help each one of their children. She did not complete high school and he did not complete elementary school. At the funeral the church was full of people whose lives she had affected. She told me one time to have something available to offer people when they came over. People were always welcome. In earlier years they bought ground that had stumps on it because it was all they could afford. Both she and my grandfather worked to make more money so they couild live and clear the land. Eventually they got the land cleared and bought some cows and then started a dairy farm. They worked hard and always had something to share with others. Life is not about just providing for our families but also about helping those who have less than us.

They were married in 1927. They had little and helped others as they could. I saw in their lives a tremendous discipline and determination. They sacrificed a lot and then at the end of their lives they helped many others.

At the funeral I stood up to tell about how when a few of us were talking about the person we would like to marry. I told about her. In God's providence He gave me a wife who is the same height and has the same birthday just fifty years later. My wife even has much the same attitude and spirit.

8. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

What an awesome story. I'm wearing a smile see [​IMG] .

Thank you GB for sharing that story. It's one of upliftment and proof that us good women, EXIST someplace ;)

9. rufus

rufus New Member

The woman's role is to always make the man think he's in control [​IMG]

10. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Want this to be out front. I do not believe the woman is an inferior person.

We notice when reading the Bible it is very harsh to us. This to me shows that God means business, and this is what we will be judged on, and that is what He says. He wants to get our attention. So much of the wording below is God talking to us, and not something I have made up.

But we are to believe the Word. I see some of you women know the truth, but others may wish to take the lead, in things that are spiritual.
    Satan knows us like a book. He knew he could not get Adam to eat the apple, but Satan did know the weakness of Adam - Adam’s love for his wife. So through Eve, that he knew he could deceive, he had God’s creation, Adam take the fall for all mankind. So sin entered into Paradise by one man, Romans 5:12. We men should not try to lay the blame on the woman, the woman that we accepted, but admit we are in our predicament that we brought on ourselves. Ladies, have you realized that if Adam had not loved Eve more than He did God, the woman only would have died? And you wish to be the head?

God loves you, and man loves you. What more could you ask? You need to be listening only to the Word of God, and not the angel of light that deceived you in the first place. And here we are once more, stupid man saying, give me a bite of that apple so that we can go hand in hand down the road of unbelief in the Word of God. Maybe, just maybe there can be two heads.

We should not be ashamed of the Word of God, and assert, or agree to issue’s such as “women should have the right to be pastors”, perhaps just because we don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings, or to be politically correct. Jesus was very blunt, as was John, Peter, and Paul. If we are to stand, it must be for truth and not error that infiltrates our churches, and our thought. If the thought and/or the practice disagree with the Word, then it is wrong. We should not bow to the “angel of light” who wishes us to go along with this type of thinking. ”The Holy Spirit is very plain. Women should not be pastors.” They are to accept their role that God has assigned to them. They, and all that believe that woman should be the head directly oppose God. They do not believe the Word.

The Bible does not teach that woman is equal to man. ”And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man” Genesis 2:22. Man is unique in that God created man from scratch. Eve is not that unique, for she is part of man. The woman is made from bone of man for two purposes. One being as a helpmate (Adam accepted this offer from God – It is just possible that Adam could have refused this woman offered to him, as he refused all before that were offered to him); and Two, as a vessel to be used for the purpose of bringing forth the Word, the Son of God, and for the Son to have an inheritance.

The first purpose was for the woman to be a helpmate. Notice the word “help meet” in verse 20. That means someone who helps, not someone that guides the ship. The woman has duties that she can do in the church, and should rejoice that God allows this great privilege of teaching,prophesying (but not leading the service), and many other functions, but she is not to endeavor to usurp what God appointed to man. The woman is to accept the role that God has assigned her, that of a help mate, and a bearer of children to be a loving mother to them.

The woman can be saved in this manner. If she endeavors to come with authority as a man, endeavoring to try and climb from being the womb and breast to bring forth life, to become the head, which God did not grant her, can that woman have any rewards should she be saved? Paul says the woman can be saved if she remains what God made her, viz. one that bears children, and accepts that role, teachers of women, loving their husbands and their children, keeping the home. God is a loving God as shown in the next two verses, and makes provision for the woman to be saved. ”And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. ” I Timothy 2:14-15. This doesn’t mean a woman will automatically be saved if she bears a child and is faithful with love and holiness, and moderate in her drinking. No, it means she is to understand she was made to bear children, and is not to try and assume the role of man for whom she was made. God is telling the woman that she, as a child bearer can also be saved, just as can man. As she is part of man, and will bear His child, she can be saved as she is part of man.

As this is getting too long, I have not gotten into the Body of Christ, Christ being the head of the Body. In His Body there cannot be two heads, even though we are one with Him, and this same rule applies to the man and the woman. We are one, but there can only be one head in spiritual matters, and in all matters that we may call “ties”. Being tied will bring “dead lock”, with no one being in charge – then chaos will follow.

I Corinthians 11:8-9, "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
    9. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man."

Christian faith, ituttut

11. crazycat

crazycat Member

Do you believe that a woman can hold a job IF she wants to?
    That is up to her husband. Some men don't want there wife working, others want their wife to work.

Do you beleive that a marraige is a partnership OR do you believe it's otherwise. If you do why?
    It takes two to say I do. God gave each person individual roles. The wife is to reverence and submit to her husband. The husband is to love and honour his wife. Another, way to put it is marriage is a team, it requires teamwork.

Do you beleive that a woman can speak up in church and speak her mind?
    Yes, but once again we are to ultimately submit and show reverence to our husbands. If our husband doesn't want us too then no. If he don't mind then hap at it sister

Do you think that a woman can stand up for her personal convictions and or beliefs? Why or why not? She can state them, but ultimately she must obey her husband. Look at Sarah as an exapmle. Twice Abraham lied/hide their marriage relationship. Twice Sarah could of been victim to that bad decsion on her husbands part, but instead she obeyed. Twice God protected Sarah, and made her a mother of mothers.

Do you think that a woman should be able to socialize with both men and women?
    Yes, but we should alaways avaoid the appearance of evil.

Do you belive that a womans place is under neather her husband?
    I like to be on bottom :eek: But her ultimate place should be where her husband wants her. Women are not second class citizens just because they are women. Women are second class citizens only if they want that postion. A submissive wife is a beautiful thing. That is what I am trying to be "beautiful"
    [​IMG]

12. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

A lot of wonderful feedback on this thread! Thank you so much .....