1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women's Hair

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by TWade, Mar 25, 2004.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

Well, it offended me a lot, especially when I almost passed last summer from the heat. My husband said cut it off!

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Being overweight is much more cumbersome than long hair! Why isn't being overweight provided there isn't a serious medical reason a much bigger issue, as it is much more cumbersome, unhealthy, etc.? And not only that, but there is no question about it. Being glutonous is a sin. And there is no question that the bible says long hair is a glory to a woman.

Gina

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I happen to agree. Being overweight (and I don't mean "a few pounds") is incredibly unhealthy. Typically, however, it's the result of lack of excercise, not diet alone. Obesity is a symptom of improper excercise and diet, not a cause in and of itself. OTOH, some weight gain is the result of things like medication and other factors. Each body is different, and responds differently to outside factors, so it would be inappropriate for a Christian to judge a person who's overweight based on appearance. I've known as many "skinny" slobs as I have "fat" properly dressed people.

(I assume you're referring to "gluttony", as in overfeasting on food, and not "gluten", the food additive [​IMG] ) Sure. But if you're skinny and gluttenous, it's no more of a free pass to do so than if you're fat and gluttenous. In any event, you're absolutely right. Gluttony is a sin. Being fat or skinny, are not, in and of themselves, sins. Not taking care of your body, otoh, is a sin IMO.

Sure there is. The verse asks the question "does not nature tell you". Paul's simply using reason to talk to his audience in that verse. It wasn't in any way intended to issue a biblical edict on hair length. However, assuming you're right, I refer you to the previous post that it referrs to hair as glory/shame, not sin or lack of sin.

With that, I'm off to the gym.

4. Daughter

Daughter New Member

This is what I was trying to get across. In its natural state (how I prefer to wear it much of the time) it looks much shorter than it is... and is clearly feminine IMO

5. Daughter

Daughter New Member

:D

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Come on guys, we really have not exhausted the implications of hair colouring, foils, extensions,frizzing,punk etc....

What about hair ribbons, alice bands, bobby pins, beads etc.....

I dress up for Church because I do that out of respect, I have a shower and brush my hair and clean my teeth out of respect and because of the solemity of going to Church. I cover my hair with a hat or a scarf and do not wear trousers because this is a church edict for women which I obey out of respect and because I want to do this.

Can we have a go at the length of skirts next...
    the amount of cleavage, should men wear ties and coats, not wear shorts, work clothes after doing a night shift etc.....

Bri-G

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Briony, you plum forgot about sandals!
    There are some who believe that exposing toes is wrong.
    If this is true I'm in big trouble. I can't stand closed shoes, even in winter I wear sandals most of the time.
    Gina

8. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wahoo Gina, and those wretched Ozzies think thongs are high fashion in the foot wear. I know you folks use this term for something else but it is a traditional foot item.

There are those hairy toes showing..... lol

Mind you I personally think it is offensive to wear socks with sandals, I mean why bother....

Or men from cold climates taking off their shirts and swanning around in public with worm white flesh which is totally gross.... I mean it is like an alien has landed to see such whiteness, eeeeeekkkkkk

9. music4Him

music4Him New Member

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

I wish you'd tell my son, I hate this.