1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Won't This Be Great!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by ballfan, May 23, 2004.

1. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

But when will it be?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not soon enough, ballfan!

Of course, Jesus may not return for 10,000 more years and people will look back at 2004 and call us "the early church".

3. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Could it happen in say the next seven years?

4. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Pretrib intepreting Revelation chapter 4 and 5 both speak of future event follow the rapture of the Church. The song in the heaven of Revelation chapter 5 haven't not yet occur now. It will be occur right after the rapture.

My understanding of Revelation chapter 4 and 5 speak of the activity in the heaven is already happening right now. Christ's throne already set up there in the heaven thousands and thousands years before John written Revelation. The four beasts round around Christ's throne are already exist there thousands and thousands years before John written Revelation. The 24 elders on 24 thrones round around Christ's throne in the heaven are already exist there long time thousands and thousands before John write Revelation. I believe the 24 elders are angelic beings. The angels worshipping Christ of Revelation chapter 5 already happening long time ago before John write Revelation. The saints worshipping and sing to Christ already happening now. Because, millions of saints died throughout centuries, now are in the heaven. They are singing and worshipping Christ.

The context of Revelation chapter 4 and 5 talk about the activity of heaven are already happening right now.

Also, pretrib saying the seals of Revelation chapter 6 is not yet occur. Christ is not yet open the seals right now. He shall open them right after the rapture is the future event - 7 years of tribulation period.

I believe the 5 of 7 seals of Revelation chapter 6 is already happening since Early Church to now. How does I know? Notice the comparing of Rev. 6:1-11 and Matt 24:4-14 are much same. Matt 24:4-14 are currently happening right now since Early Church. Rev. 6:12-15 & Matt 24:29 both shall be fulfilled at Christ's coming shall be at the end of the world.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 - Amen!

5. Watchman

Watchman New Member

"I believe the 24 elders are angelic beings."

Let us let the Word of God speak for itself.

In Revelation 5:8 these 24 elders fall down before the Lamb. In verse 9 they are singing a song that that says, in part, "And have redeemed US to God by your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation."
    They speak in the first person, "US", they cannot be angels.

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

God scattered the people after they attempted to build the Tower of Babel. In modern times we are able to communicate once again with all people through computer software. We have mapped the Genetic Code and we can maipulate atomic sub particles to create weapons that can destroy the world. Based on the reasons that God scattered the Babel builers once before, I think that it is a reasonable assumption to assume that the Babel Builders of today will again be dealt with.

7. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Lets go back to Revelation 5:13.

When is it that all creatures will give honor to God?

Before the trib?

During the trib?

During the MK?

After the MK?

8. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Rev 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

This looks like something that wouldn't happen until at least the MK and more likely after the Great White Throne judgement and in the New Jerusalem.

9. ballfan

ballfan New Member

10. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Revelation 5:13 is not within normal time and space. It is a stage setting for a presentation of the panarama of earth history.

The panarama of earth history that is reviewed starts with the beginning of Christianity and concludes with the second coming and the judgement. The panarama of earth history is reviewed more than once from several different perspectives. This confuses many interpreters who try to make it all one long linear "movie" of events on earth.

Read all about it here:

http://www.epud.net/~richmond/bible/rev.pdf

11. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Paul of Eugene,

Correct, I agree with you. The context of Revelation chapter 4 and 5 speak of currently activity up in the heaven throughout Church history. Revelation 4 and 5 do nothing with either pretrib or postrib. It mentioned of the currently activity up in the heaven, what they are doing in the heaven right now.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

12. wopik

wopik New Member

befallen

Jesus gave man six days to do his work; but the seventh day belongs to God.

God has given Mankind six thousand years, to see if he can govern himself and to live peaceable with his fellow humans.

That time is about up !

The LORD's "seventh day" - or the next 1000 years, Christ's Millenial rule, is when Rev 5:13 will kick in.

13. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Yes but, the LORD did that so they would listen to his earlier word "go out and multiply" .. I think umm we have done that, and are moving back to being closer. Why would God deal with them when the task of populating the earth has been accomplished?

14. amixedupmom

amixedupmom Guest

Jesus gave man six days to do his work; but the seventh day belongs to God.

God has given Mankind six thousand years, to see if he can govern himself and to live peaceable with his fellow humans.

That time is about up !

The LORD's "seventh day" - or the next 1000 years, Christ's Millenial rule, is when Rev 5:13 will kick in.
    </font>[/QUOTE]-scratches my head-

Ok while I happen to AGREE with this, How can you prove it?

I personally think that there were 4000 years before Christ and that there will be 4000 after (JMHO) not based on any scirpture, or anything else. It's just my gut or my heart i'm not sure which. I've just never been able to prove it other than the fact that I think God would be PRESISE on his timing of sending our savior and just not pick a time or date. It has to be some pattern right?