1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Words mean things

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Herald, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herald

Herald New Member

It is thick enough, thank you. I am holding people accountable for their careless words.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In other words, it's OK for you to call us Calvinists, but not OK for us to call you Finneyists. Thanks for clarifying.

You keep making this accusation and yet, you're unable to explain what other names you think I've posted on and why neither the moderators at OnlineBaptist or BaptistBoard have found enough merit in your claims to address them.

Actually, I would encourage anyone who's interested to go to both of those threads and read them for themselves and see for themselves that you are once again, full of bovine skubalon.

3. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

The difference is Non Calvinists can prove they don't adhere to Finney and they don't CALL their doctrine, "Finneyism". If you say you are not a Calvinist, then why do you defend Calvinism every time a Non Calvinist writes a thread or comment about Calvinism? Pretty obvious contradiction.

And we've already went through this, but just to prove what a liar you are, and since you brought up the issue FIRST about another forum, then I'll post the link where your VERY FIRST comment toward me on that forum was likening me to a Catholic, before I had ever had any dialogue with you whatsoever, and then you continued to play the victim. http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/topic/18027-new-argument-against-calvinism/page-2#entry330470

4. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

[post removed - we do NOT allow garbage from other online forums to be part of our discussions on the Baptist Board. Period.]

#44 DrJamesAch, Jun 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2013
  5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

[quotation snipped - p4t is correct; this is against the rules]

[Looking past the name calling in this, I do believe it is against BB rules to bring in things from other forums.

#45 preacher4truth, Jun 26, 2013
  6. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

ANd there you go again, you didn't say one word when John Deere brought it up FIRST, just like you did on the other thread. But, since Calvinists see what they want to see from the Bible, I guess I shouldn't have any expectations for them to see or remember anything said on a forum either.

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Do you realize how it sounds when things like 'You said it first!' and 'You started it!' are used?

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

He didn't post a link, YOU did.

9. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do realize that people who go to that link will see that I didn't liken you, personally, to a Catholic, but stated that your tactics were similar to tactics I've encountered from Catholics, right?

Yes, that's called an apology. It's something we Calvinists do when we're wrong. In this case, I did it, not only because it was the right thing to do, but because I foolishly believed that it was a kind of olive branch that would help us to get past all the ugliness and have a conversation like brothers in Christ.

Can you say the same?

And this is what you call "getting over it", huh?

Incidentally, you wanted to lie about me so I'm calling your bluff. I've started a thread on OB asking the moderators to investigate me to see if I have any other accounts there.

10. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

[again, violated rules - PUBLIC WARNING for non-Christian behavior]

#50 DrJamesAch, Jun 26, 2013
  11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To clarify, I didn't bring it up first. You did by falsely claiming that I "followed" you to BaptistBoard.

12. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since you brought it up, you never did answer the question. Is your behavior here and over on Online Baptist the fruit of your Arminianism?

13. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Oh but when a Non Calvinist is merely attacking the DOCTRINE of Calvinism, but not the PERSON, we are being pejorative and personally attacking, but when YOU do it, it's not meant to be personal, even though your comment didn't begin with my BELIEFS but about ME "THE OP SOUNDS LIKE" were your exact words right before you dropped the C word.

After you apologized, I closed one of the threads and even posted your apology. Then you continued to act the same way again toward everyone else. The only reason you apologized was because you didn't have enough Calvinists to bail you out and agree with your vitriol. But when the smoke settled, you pulled the same stunts. Don't make me post another link to prove it :)

14. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Have you stopped beating your wife? Come on, you can do better than that.:applause:

15. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Then you should be able to post the link on this thread where I said that. Nice try. That was said on a different thread a MONTH AGO, and even then, you brought it up first trying to convince everyone that I started something with you on OB, and then you disappeared for a week when I PM'd the links to everyone and they called you out on it HERE.

And just because I said you that you keep following me everywhere doesn't mean that I said you didn't have an account before I did. That is a caricature of your own making. Just because you had an account that you never used on OB that was sitting dormant for 3 years with 10 posts on it (even now it only has 133) doesn't mean you still weren't following all my threads around, and the last time this issue was raised, I posted all the threads. THere are even several threads here that you have said something about me in threads I haven't even commented on! Yeah, yous a stalker!

So you can keep lying to yourself and everyone else, but I've shown all the links that prove you are lying through your teeth.

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not want to kick somebody off the BB, but trust me, I will. Am closing this non-productive thread and warning about actions in clear violation of the BB rules will result in suspension or banning from posting here.

What children do on other forums is the problem of THOSE places. Not a problem here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.