1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Words to live by?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dude.....how is God working in your life these days?!? I mean that sincerely. Your actions speak volumes....and I know you have a good heart so, when you get irritated by some frail human being, look to your savior for guidence and comfort.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boz, you don't know exactly what this guys going through in his life.....so tread lightly ....OK!

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RD- Ignore only works if you resist the temptation to sneak a look at what those on the list post. Pay them no thought.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 9:13 English Standard Version (ESV)

Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually,

Thanks for your concern. Coming from you it seems genuine because your comments are usually flippant.

I have actually had a break through about the board. It is of God in that for a long time I'd share my heart and bully types used that against me. I'd tender sincere apologies and bully types took that as weakness.

Your advice is not wasted on me, but I am now choosing to ignore those who do not reflect Jesus, while I continue to share thoughtful, meaningful articles and comments. It is such a HUGE release to no longer be reacting, over reacting, defending, and lowering myself to the level of flesh that more than a handful of members operate from.

Thanks for asking. I appreciate your concerns. But I actually feel I my witness will be more like before I used to let these jokers get to me. :type: SHALOM,!

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believe it or not, I have had no desire to sneak a peek at words that do not reflect the heart of Christ. Thanks for your concern. I am grateful for brothers as you!

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You know I've asked repeatedly if he was okay and always got some snark response.

But some folks really like attention and tend to make threads announcing that they are leaving and don't leave, or make threads announcing that they are going to post less but post more, or make threads announcing that they have placed people on IGNORE when they are obviously still reading the threads.

And I keep attempting to leave the situation alone because there is OBVIOUSLY some stuff going on and has been for a while.

But a certain person just cannot seem to grasp don't you shouldn't have to extol your own virtue. You shouldn't have to keep expressing to everyone that you've "taken the high road" while continuing to take very thinly veiled shots at those you feel have "shamed" you.

As I've said many times before, I tend to not even speak to much unless folks are treating others like 21st century lepers because of their sin or POV. I don't have anything against him.

I just think people should be genuine.

It's as though some believe we're playing a game and they've got to do and say the things that make them the popular kid in school when it's again obvious that there is NOTHING of conviction in what they are saying. They just say it because it goes with what the majority are saying.

8. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've been at odds in the past but for what it's worth your posting has had more perspective lately and I have been able to successfully engage with you in a less hostile manner than I used to. Keep your head up and I hope for a swift resolution for whatever issues you are currently dealing with.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Amen. :1_grouphug:

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks. Why we started out on a bad footing had to do with I associated you with another person who is always attacking me. Once I prayed and decided to to ignore, and keep them there, I was once again feeling peace within and able to wrap my head back around the ability to debate the topics [much easier than counter-attacking the attackes] and submit topics without worrying about someone nit picking what I said, how I said it, and the spelling and grammar to pieces!

I am enjoying the new found freedom, as it is like the board once was! Friendly and there is fellowship. Shalom!

11. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From my heart to God's ears and yours!

Let me take a moment to thank those of you who have voiced concern as to my well being.

First of all, I am just fine. Yes I do have somethings going on in my life right now ... but it has nothing to do with my mental health as a CERTAIN MEMBER has INAPPROPRIATELY tried to insinuate. Thanks for several folks telling me what he is saying-pure gossip like talk to make me look bad!!! And this is not the first time he's called into question me mental health, and age. Add the reference to me being a racist, among other things. AND you may well understand my recent posture.

This is a common ploy of his to deflect, and I am growing tired of the way this guy judges so many of us; tries to put us down to elevate his spiritual ego; and subtle attempts to provoke and solicit anger, NOT topical debate. I am tired of the accusations leveled at so many of us. Accusations that set him up as god like, while he undercuts the rest of us in the name of holier-than-now righteousness!

So be assured I am fine. Just fed up with the confrontational, bullying attitude of SOME who are now trying to take this board over and run the rest of us off..... I am willing to fight for the return of Christian civility to the board, and I ask the rest of you who feel like me to put these ego centered members on ignore, and pray that our mods eventually run these troublemakers of His forum.

#31 righteousdude2, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Why do you continue this foolishness? Not ONCE have I referred to you or anyone else as a racist.

Not once have I INSINUATED that you have mental problems. I can say what I intend to say. And I said, the more you continue to try and set these little "gotcha" moments, the more unhinged it makes you look.

And ain't nobody telling you squat. You're reading it yourself. :laugh:

Pure foolishness. You and the clique have free reign to judge the President, any and all things and people black, and anyone who doesn't share your political POV, and now suddenly your feelings are hurt because your abhorrent behavior has been righteously pointed out?

Your purported attempts to take the high road always seem to stumble on your need to come after me under the guise of extolling the virtue of you and those who act like you.

Pure comical irony.

Start with the man in the mirror.

This post like so many others reads like a pity party attempt to get folks to sympathize and heap attention upon someone and an anything but genuine attempt to "take the high road".

In the name of Jesus, somebody please explain to him that the more he keeps making these posts about how civil he's become and how I'm on IGNORE, yet he keeps referencing me and attempting to denigrate me for pointing out his and a few other's unChristlike behavior towards anyone who disagrees with their POV,...the more fake and disingenuous he looks. SMH.

:laugh:

13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I quoted you, but I think I'm on his Ignore List as well, so he probably won't see it.

Maybe Poncho will come along and call RD2 a coward for sniping people from behind the Ignore feature, but I doubt it since he rarely posts anywhere except the News and Politics forums.

#33 InTheLight, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  14. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mmmm... I note a big inconsistency there Dude. It's actually funny. But I will refrain from using any pictorial symbols.

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even though I can't see their words ....

.... I rest my case!

Three of the antagonists that have consistantly caused me heartache with their provocations, were the first three to respond to my latest post.

Enough said .... this only goes to show that I chose well in who to ignore! :wavey:

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can't see me!

And how would you know that unless...

Anyway, I'm glad you are keeping track.
    In your case the word ignore must mean pay attention to. "I will ignore you. Do you hear me? I will not read your posts. I promise. Get me a Bible. I want to lay my hand on it and solemnly affirm that I will ignore these three. I won't mention them again. My life is so sweet now that I don't read their posts...Well, I may sneak a peek now and then, but that shouldn't count against my pledge. I know it looks like I have been responding to their posts, but that's just not true."

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK so resist the urge to judge, especially if you detect that someone is going over the wall.....and who doesn't now and again? But if these people are truly saved, really chosen from before the foundation of the world & have been washed in the blood of Christ, then who are you, who am I, who is there that should critique? Better to be sincere & loving than to be critical.....don't you agree?

#37 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't understand at all this hangup some of you have with judging. We're called of GOD to righteously do so. You can't make a decision about ANYTHING without judging.

Absolutely. But someone going over the edge doesn't mean that folks should step back and just ignore their continued, consistent wickedness.

That's inconsistent with what God says to do.

Some would think that if a person is going through some stuff that it would give them pause to be a more compassionate, Christlike person instead of continuing the same attention garnering, unChristlike behavior that everyone recognizes.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We had a fellow on here a while ago who had some glaring psychological problems that were being treated by the medical profession. However some of these so called Funda_mentalists insisted on judging him for taking the advise of these doctors. His problem they diagnosed was his sinful nature. Get off the drugs, face your sins & repent was their diagnosis.

Well he eventually killed himself. :mad:

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Exactly what judgment are you suggesting be stopped? That we refrain from telling him to treat others as he wants to be treated?

That we refrain from telling him that he shouldn't refer to black people by certain names?

Are you suggesting that a certain person has psychological problems after he has said otherwise?

While I'm sure no one wants anyone to hurt themselves, it is not prudent to allow anyone to act that way and not righteously judge the behavior.