1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Working with a Mormon

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by untangled, Jan 12, 2005.

1. R. Charles Blair

R. Charles Blair New Member

AV1611Jim - I get the yolk! That is a good analogy which I hadn't considered. Of course the
    "old hat" is: "I am a man; I am a son; I am a father. Which am I?" Best - Charles - Ro. 8:28

2. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    AV1611Jim - That was a good analogy. I've never heard that used before. I was once told this analogy:

Take a rope that has three knots. All are equally the same size, equally strong and are from the same rope. The knots are seperate knots but they are also the same rope.

Someone once gave me that analogy. I kinda of liked it.

Phillip: Your brother -in- law has two wives? Sorry to hear about that. I always appreciate your posts.

In Christ,

Brooks

3. fireweed59

fireweed59 New Member

One must always keep in mind, analogy of the finite that is, things of earth, to try to grasp the infinite nature of God, all break down at some point. Yes there may be some feeling of trinitarian understanding when we consider these but I have yet to meet the man who has God in a neat little box. The scriptures tell us who has declared Him. They point the way, by the Spirit to Wisdom and understanding.
    There are many good posts here. Thanks to those who have labored to share their knowledge. Two things must be accepted by those who hold this church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints in high esteem:

1) That the church established by the Lord Jesus-- of which He said, "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it," --perished from the face of the earth and needed to be re-established. (And with it a different gospel) of which Paul says man or angel is anathema, accursed, to do so.

2) That the import of this new re-established church and gospel was entrusted almost entirely to a 15-17 year old adolescent who is known to have been kicked out of gospel teaching churches of the day for doctrinal and charachter issues. Kicked out, by the way, from "apostate" churches who no longer stood for truth.

It is my oppinion that churches that are apostate usually don't take such stands. Also, Anyone who would trust their eternal soul and make such a radical step as to join a religion founded in the 1800's ("in the last days there shall be many antichrists, false prophets etc.")by an immature teenager has missed some very important lessons of life and real life shortcomings of this church and its prophecies, not to mention the Word of God, which by the way, is still here and has not changed since before and after Joe Smith! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I reject wholeheartedly this teacher of new things in these last days and sleep very much in Peace thank you.

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Yes. . . somewhat embarassing, but my wife's brother has two wives.

We don't communicate much because it always turns into a disagreement. I think he is unstable anyway and so does my wife, so we feel it is best to keep distance and keep communications down to cards at birthdays and holidays.

I thought I would never actually see a person with two wives; my goodness, one marriage is certainly nice, but I don't think I could handle two. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Fireweed, you are absolutely correct, it is difficult to understand the rational; but in reality their "pitch" is VERY powerful and has been well planned. It is extremely easy for a weak Christian or a non-Christian to be sold on their story. Then reality is fed is such small spoonfuls, it is much like accepting sex on television. Thirty years ago we couldn't say the words "pregant" or "rape" on the radio even during news and slow changes have desensitized us to the reality. The Mormon doctrine works the same way. You are given little bites of reality until finally, like a cat-fish, you grab the bait and your hooked.

For those of us who see the truth all at once, it seems unreal, but so does Islam and other religions. Scarey.

6. fireweed59

fireweed59 New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ... still sleeping peacefully

7. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just wanted to add something that goes along with this thread.

Moderators, please forgive me for posting this without the exact source. I know you usually look down upon it, but here it goes.

When doing my research on mormonism I read that the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints is one of the most powerful/wealthy organizations in the nation. This is due to their finances all going to the same place - Salt Lake City. What's your take? Do you believe this could be true?

In Christ,

Brooks

P.S. I'll try to find my paper and find the exact source I pulled from.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well of course they are wealthy. Just imagine the money saved by not paying their pastors alone. They also require a lot of tithing by their members. The Mormon Church also has industries and farms they own.