1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WORLD CHAMPIONS...my foot ! ! !

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Carolyn Dee, Feb 17, 2005.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

J.A.B,

How safe is it to go to a soccer game in your corner of the world. When I went to one in Argentina, its was a little dangerous. We wore nuetral colors so no one could tell whcih team we were with.

Ireland/Wales would be a fun game to see, I would like to see Argentina/Brazil someday.

2. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Unfortunately, I imagine it's hard for many pastors to get to Sunday football games. Fortunately I'm a professional counselor and can take off a few Sundays. The superbowl experience was pretty cool. We had good seats too. I've always wanted to do what you've described, i.e., attend a college game with power houses like Michigan and a really good soccer game in Europe or South America.

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

To sit in a stadium that holds over 120,000 cheering people, and look out and see that sea of maize and blue is an experience like no other. By the way I like your Patriots because of Tom Brady- a University of Michigan quaterback! Its amazing that some have suggested taht the Big Ten doesn't produce QBs.

4. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I think I'd really enjoy sitting in a stadium of 120,000 cheering people! Isn't Brady something! He gets better and better every year. He is so cool and relaxed in the pocket.

5. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

PatsFan: Alabama v Tennessee college football. i love college football, and my family is split between Tennessee and Alabama, I being a Tennessee fan so is my oldest brother, the rest is Alabama. Neyland is Tennessees giant stadium, i think its about 110,000 capacity

6. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

4His Glory: Ireland v Wales in soccer would be pretty boring i think, but that would be the best rugby game. Argentina v Brazil is probably the biggest rivalry in the world. do you still follow Argenitinian futbol? I have a friend who lives in Sau Paulo Brazil, and i know he is crazy about his Brazilian team, Sau Paulo

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Yes I do try to follow Argentine futbol as best as I can. I am a missionary to Argentina, still raising my support, but we hope to move to Argentina by the end of the year.

I use the internet a lot to follow how differnt teams are doing, since there really is not other way to do so.

8. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

JAB, Neyland Stadium must really rock when Alabama comes to town! I'd really enjoy watching a game like that too. We don't have any big college teams like that around here. Boston College is not on a par with teams like Tennessee, Alabama and Michigan (4hisglory's team). Their stadium is kind of small too. Did you live in Tennessee before you moved to Ireland?

9. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

No we lived in Huntsville Alabama, really close to the border. Alabama has had a rough patch lately, Tennessee had an average season, but they did crush Texas A&M in the cotton bowl. 38-7 i think the score was. but next season Tennssee wil have an awesome D. they got a bounch of freshmen who were all top of their positions in high school.

4HisGlory: i would absolutely LOVE Argentinian futbol, its great following teams who still play for pride, since all the big money makers waltz off to Europe.

10. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

JAB, I used to live near Alabama, myself, on the gulf coast of Mississippi when I was in the Navy. I wish I had gone to some college football games back then.(I did see Pistol Pete Maravich play hoops a few times in New Orleans for the Jazz though). How old were you when you moved to Ireland?

11. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

moved to Ireland wen i was 7. but i have been back a few times

12. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I'll bet the multi-cultural experience has enriched your life!

13. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

more interesting. at least i get the sports from both Euro and State sides!

14. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Yeah. While most people are enthusiastic about 2 or 3 sports, it's probably more like 5 for you, ha, ha.

15. J.A.B.

J.A.B. New Member

the only sports im enthusiastic about are soccer, rugby, and (american) football. but i do occasionaly sit down and watch cricket, or baseball, or basketball. but on the sports i really like i have alot of teams i really like. i have two football teams, 4 soccer teams, and 3 rugby teams that i follow pretty close