1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

World Evangelism

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Kidz-4-HIM, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

The other day I had an assignment to find out if world evangelism was ever accpolished in the New Testament, if it was, where, and by whom. It could not be just what I thouhgt I had to have scripture to back it up. The verse I used was Col. 1:23, read this verse and tell me what you think, and anything else that might be helpful.

Thank You
    Cline

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a quick answer here, without doing any research for you, Kidz-4-HIM. (The research is your job! ;) )

Concentrate on the meaning of the word "world." The Greek word here is probably kosmos, or "world system," rather than the one for "earth." You'll have to check this out, though. To the Jews, the world was much as we think of it--all nations around the globe. However, to the Romans (and I believe the church at Colosse was a Roman church), the world was the Roman Empire.

I hope this helps!