1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

World War II

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Oct 29, 2015.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have any of you ever considered that World War II draws a parallel of sorts to the coming tribulation days?

The persecution of the Jews; the demand of loyalty and support (worship) to the regime established by the fuhrer; the ideal of being a superior race; those who rejected the regime were worthy of death; into mysticism, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is also important is that the fuhrer was world wide accepted. The Nazi party in the US, throughout the countries of Europe, and even in Russia was not insignificant prior to WWII.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I've always wondered what Christians thought during WWII. I imagine they were for sure the end times were upon them.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and I'm sure they thought that Hitler was the Anti-Christ

5. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish it were true.

Look at this written about the German Christian and the historic racism that was taught
    by the theology from the earliest times. The German Churches
    Here is another article that expresses similar findings. Protestant support for Hitler

But just as the apostate whole world church lifts up (or will lift up) that final anti-christ, so did such endorse Hitler.

Certainly, few did not, and they as those in the future will be prosecuted and persecuted.

6. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And some wrote quite eloquently trying to prove just that.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the enduring lessons of WWII is the need for separation of church and state. Nazi collaborators within Catholic and Protestant churches embraced tribalism (Aryanism) over the "we are all the same in Christ, Jew and Gentile" of Christianity. Certainly some within the Catholic church resisted and they were murdered.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @agedman, interesting articles you offered up on German churches. It would appear they never got over losing WW I. ...wow!

9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Father served in WWII in the U.S.M.C and you would think from all that went on that this was the end... Hitler was on one side with Germany and his intent to rule the world and Hirohito was on the other side with same intention... If you check out history Germany and its minions and Japan and its minions fell apart... But Why?... In our day and time their are Nuclear Warheads and enough destruction to obliterate our world into oblivion... Many times in life their have been threats to push the button... Have you ever asked yourself why this hasn't happened?... I went through Vietnam also in U.S.M.C and I feel I know why... The power to destroy this world is not in our hands... Its true wars come and go and you can check the scriptures of the wars of Israel and all the wars that have plagued mankind throughout history. The God who made this world and all that is contained therein is the same one that will destroy it... He destroyed it water (the flood) and the next time it will be destroyed, will be with fire... Since he didn't use man to bring the water, he will not use man to bring the fire... Read Peter!... Brother Glen

10. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @tyndale1946, my father told of guarding an empty warehouse at Paris Island on 7 Dec 1941. He ended up staying in the South Pacific for the duration retiring at Lejeune in 1961.

Years ago I listened to a radio preacher tell of the many, many interventions of our Lord during the War. On D-Day for some strange reason communication's was lost between the German forces on the beaches at the start of the invasion and once word finally reached NAZI Headquarters everyone was afraid to wake Hitler as he was sleeping. A Panzer Division was avalable to assist but their commanders could not get authorization to move. So, they stayed in place. By the time Hitler awoke it was too late. There were many more instances of what appeared to be spiritual involvement in the war but those are the only two I remember.

11. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes there are many divine interventions during WWII to many to recall... One that comes to mind was a German Tank Division that forgot that a machine needs lubrication... They brought no oil with them during the battle... No oil no movement... They all abandoned their tanks... As always the battle belongs to the Lord!... Brother Glen