1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured World's Largest Baptist University Drops 'Homosexual Acts' From Sexual Misconduct Cod

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by shodan, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The difference may be that I have a broader and deeper understanding of the whole Baylor issue - well beyond the whole potential controversy raised in this thread - that would make approval of same sex activity and marriage a deal breaker for most of their alumni.

Now, you might be correct and they could be positioning for a move in the coming years, but I don't think it is happening now or is likely to happen soon.

But who knows what idiocy might come out of Baylor. I would not expect them to be at war with their original alumni association either.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hence the tempered equivocation.

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for the information. Very interesting article. I knew a little about the conflict between the administration and the alumni association, but didn't know to what lengths it had gone. It seems that President Starr is taking the high road on this -- which is a good thing, and hopefully the rest of the administration will follow his lead. It's hard to believe that he has been there for five years. Perhaps we should all simply hold the university up in our prayers.