1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

worship of Obama in church today

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by tinytim, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Will they loss their IRS not for profit status? Of course not!

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I would hope that every church in America is praying for the president elect. How can that affect their tx exempt status?

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you consider prayer a part of worship, then yes it is worship.

You are so right C4K. Every church should pray for him. Every church should pray for whoever is president. Every president needs our prayer.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Praying for the right government of the land is different that a political rally from the pulpit for a particular member of government. An example of the latter is Obama's former church which black theology teaching he willingly absorbed for 20 years.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I would be interested in the rally at Obama's old church? Do have a link to that story? I had not seen that there was a political rally there Sunday.

None of the stories in the OP looked like political rallies to me, merely people acknowledging their thanks to God for what they perceive as an answer to prayer, and then praying for the new president.

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

It's easy to look the other way.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

It is also easy to allow our bias to affect our view.

I was adamantly opposed to Sen Obama's election, but I am not going to be swayed by claims that these churches worshiped Obama. I have yet to see any evidence of worship, All the praise and thanksgiving was directed God-ward, was it not?

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Bias can be the result of experiences and helps us see things the way they really are instead of with an innocent look each time something "new" hits us. We don't have to keep learning all over again.

I'm all for the truth - for example, I'm the guy who has defended Obama's profession of faith in Christ right here on this board to the disdain of fellow McCain supporters who insist he's a Muslim - but I think the praise was mostly being directed towards Obama - not God - because these worshipers see him as their savior. We don't see the opposite of this when other candidates win. We don't see this behavior in other churches. It's root is the evil of black liberation theology. It is what it is!

#28 Dragoon68, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
  9. givengrace

givengrace New Member

I don't believe anyone still alive is from this group . Nor are anyone still alive the person's who brought them into slavery. As I saw the other day a Man (who did happen to be Black) say It wasn't like the Whites just came to Africa and snacked themselves a Slave. There were Blacks in Africa who SOLD then to the White. So I say it's a bout time. EVERYONE on Both sides just get OVER it. And do there best to take care of themselves. And quite blaming there own problems on everybody else. If you make your CHOICE it is you that also has to deal with your Consequence. Maybe then people will learn that Gods Word is Boundaries he set to keep us safe.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

There aren't any former slaves alive today nor are there any former slave owners alive today, I agree with givengrace, get over it. Nothing anyone can do about it now. Isn't it time to move on, or do we have to dwell more then 100 years in the past.

11. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Latest Barna Poll Lends Credence to the above

http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page=BarnaUpdateNarrowPreview&BarnaUpdateID=321

From the section on Race and Faith
    Quote:
    Assessing the voting outcomes by race and faith, the survey showed that there were no statistically significant differences between black born again voters and black non-born again voters. Similarly, there were no meaningful distinctions in candidate preference between Hispanic born agains and Hispanic non-born again voters. Overall, Sen. Obama claimed more than 90% of the African-American vote and three-quarters of the Hispanic vote. He won just 41% of the white vote.
    End Quote:

To me this is astounding... Frightening... And, wholly disappointing in those of Hispanic and Black who I have been calling "Brother" and "Sister"...

Even though the truth was available about Obama's voting record and what groups he supports... Their purported "faith" didn't affect their vote at all!!!

A 90% abdication of Christian Principles!??????????

Mike Sr.