1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would I vote for Bush Now

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Nov 27, 2008.

?

Would you vote for George Bush today?

Poll closed Dec 27, 2008.
  1. I voted for him both times but wouldn't vote for him today

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. I voted for him the first time not the second and wouldn't vote for him today

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. I voted for him in one or both of the last two elections but would vote for him today

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. I didn't vote for Bush in in either of the last two elections but would vote for him today

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I didn't vote for Bush in the past and wouldn't vote for him today

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Another thread asked whether anyone would change their recent vote for President but we don't have any new information. I think a more interesting question is after two terms as president would anyone change their votes now.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. he is a liberal spender on entitlement programs and is on the wrong side of immigration same reason I did not vote for McCain.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Voted first but not second and sure wouldn't today. With the exception of Iraq he did good as Commander in Chief but I don't care for his lack of action to the current economic situation. Even if the Government doesn't give money he could assemble a think tank to advise these struggling companies through the storm.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Against Kerry and Gore?

In a heartbeat.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Against Bush twice again?

In a heartbeat!

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No way would he get my vote again. Had I realized his true agenda of liberalism before 2004, I would not have voted for him then. When Republicans learn to stick to their conservative principles, they will win elections again.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Can't answer...depends on who runs against him.

I felt better about my 2000 Bush vote than my 2004--but I still vote for Bush over Kerry if faced with that choice. With my nose held.

So, dragonfly, you said...

Two issues for you:
    1. You say that, but do you take into consideration who is running against him? I mean, there are some candidates, I would think, that are so awful that you would vote for Bush (albeit reluctantly).
    2. You supposedly turned on Obama because of his abortion and gay stances. (If I'm wrong, please correct me). That being the case...Kerry and Gore's abortion and homosexuality positions are not that far off from Obama's. Does that influence you any?

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I'm voting for rbell- as long as he keeps the humor in check!:laugh:

I agree with what you say.

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Actually, I don't know how I would vote in these elections if I could do it over again. I do know that Bush has been a colossal failure. It looks like if Gore has won things might have been even worse, although it's all speculation. I do think Kerry might have been better than Bush, but again it's speculation.

You are correct concerning my vote for McCain, it was more a vote against abortion than it was against Obama. Other than this and the gay-rights issue, I support Obama. Also, since the republicans have done very little to stop abortion, I somewhat regret my vote for McCain.

Abortion is a very important issue, but not the only one that influences my vote. It appears like the Republican Party has used this as a carrot and stick to keep the Christian voting for their candidate while doing very little when the time comes to back up what they say they will do. However, even if the republicans were to get Roe v Wade overthrown, it would only move the abortion fight back to the states where there would always be some states that would keep it legal. So, it appears very unlikely that abortion will ever be illegal in the U.S.

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Depends on who was in the primaries and then who he was running against in the election . . .

We haven't had real good pickin's when push came to shove . . . .

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

I don't agree with every facet of your post, but I appreciate your explanation. :thumbs:

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Against Obama or McCain? In a heartbeat!

13. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I am in agreement here as well. However I believe that it is time for both major parties to go. I am for booting them in 2010.:thumbs:

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why not reform? What start from scratch? It's apparent the majority of americans aren't that bright to follow along with a total upheaval...

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

16. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Problem is how do you get the info to the "masses"? The media certainly aren't going to co-operate, and too many (most?) will not get past the dailys and/or MSM to dig for alternate explanations of the issues.

Personally I believe that this last election was rigged, intentionally or not, for the outcome.

1) McCain was praised and fawned over by the media until he became the official nominee.
    2) Obama was touted as the savior of our nation as the agent of "CHANGE", (which of course was never tied down) and praised & fawned over just as McCain was.
    3) Once the nominees were set in concrete, the media dumped McCain and continued to laud Obama as the answer to all the country's ills.
    4) As stated above, the masses heeded only the media's missives re: either candidate; so the inevitable outcome.

Your idea is great, and I'm all for it if some method can be found for effective nationwide communication of the ideals.

Course starting from scratch has the same problems, plus, well, starting from scratch.

However something has to be done, or we as a nation are doomed - assuming it's not too late already.:tear:

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Very true, we seem to vote our perceived lesser of evils instead of the best leader for the nation... However, usually the best leader won't run.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

[​IMG]

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

How do you expect parties to reform when most (no names mentioned) keep voting for pseudo-conservatives, closet liberals, and the lesser of two evils

[​IMG]

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

[​IMG]
    Come on now, if you are going to vote liberal, jump in all the way.