1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would it bother you if....

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by ktn4eg, Jun 6, 2013.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This is almost believable. I have some friends that went to a reformed church where the pastor wore a tutu while preaching on a unicycle...and he was a conjoined twin!

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes,

I am not into girly men who wear necklace, lace and piercings.

I would suggest that such a pastor has a problem and the believers cautioned.

Men don't need to go about wearing women's apparel. And in OUR US culture earrings, necklaces, lace, pink, and such are still considered girly.

Perhaps in the far off future that thinking may change, but in this current age there is no place for some girly man in the pastorate.

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Exactly - there is sensibility here. Why should others tell me that I should wear a suit or not wear blue jeans? On the other hand, I do believe that in all things we should bring our best before the Lord (and not only in church). It just so happens that all of my best clothing is business casual. Therefore, I wear my best and try to be my best for the Lord.

I wear a suit and tie at weddings and funerals, and some Sundays. On those Sundays I get tons of compliments from my elders on how I look today. "All things to all men so that I may win some...?"

#23 USN2Pulpit, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In secular society we hear "Clothes make the man". There is truth to that.

USN2pulpit - In the Army we had a saying "Look Sharp, Feel Sharp, Be Sharp" Again, a lot of truth to that.
    did the Navy have a similar saying?

Personally, I wear a suit and tie every Sunday. For me, it is much more effective. I also do radio sales, and I always wear a tie - sometimes a jacket - for the same reason.

5. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I understand, but like the Army and the Navy, it appears as though you and I wear different uniforms! :thumbs: I'd like to think that although one may prefer one look over another, each is capable of "looking sharp, feeling sharp, and being sharp."

As I said in my last post, whether in jeans, slacks, or all suited and tied - I try to bring my best.

6. pk4life

pk4life Member

It would bother me if my pastor went against what he preached, no matter what the issue was.