1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would Jesus Still be the Saviour if NOT Virgin Born?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And God breathed into Adam the breath of life and he became a living soul.

Do you look at everything with carnal eyes?
    How many characteristics of Mary did Jesus have?
    Did Jesus have the spiritual nature of Mary?
    Did he inherit the Holy Spirit from Mary?
    Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit not of Joseph.

You need some spiritual insight here; not everything is carnal, as you suppose.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

I do not deny that Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit. But the scriptures clearly say Jesus took part of "the same" flesh and blood as us (and you believe sin is in the flesh). The scriptures say he took on the nature of the seed of Abraham who were all born after "the fall". The scriptures say he was made like unto his brethren the Jews in "all things".

Jesus was born of a virgin as a sign, not to escape a sin nature. The scriptures say he was made of the "seed of David". In fact, read your scriptures, this is what the people constantly called Jesus, "thou Son of David"

Mat 12:23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

Mat 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Mat 20:30 And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David.
    31 And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou Son of David.

Now, you may not understand that Jesus was physically descended from David, but they Jews did.

God is not a descendant of David, Jesus could only be descended from David through his mother. He was "made of the seed of David" through his mother Mary.

Jhn 7:42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

2 Tim 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

If you want to continue to believe and teach a falsehood, that is up to you, but Jesus was made of "the same" flesh we are, and he was the seed of a man (according to the FLESH), namely, David.

#22 Winman, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Really? Were you conceived of the Holy Spirit?
    Were you virgin born?
    Is your human father in reality God himself?

Mary was but a human vessel to bring God into this world.
    The incarnation is "God come in the flesh." He came through Mary that He might have a body "like unto ours," not exactly as ours. The Jews did not know much about Genetics and DNA, but they knew that He was like them. He was like them and yet different.
    What was different about Jesus that when Andrew saw Jesus he immediately went to his brother, Simon, and said to him, "Come and see; is not this the Messiah?" He was more than "just a man." He was perfect; He was God who could not sin. He had no sin nature and was born without one.
    All of us are born with one; no one is born innocent; all are born under the curse as guilty sinners--all except Christ.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, but that is not the disagreement between us. You believe Jesus had to be born of a virgin to escape a sin nature. Virgins are sinners just like everyone else. The scriptures say Jesus took part of "the same" flesh and blood as us, that he was the seed of David (a man) according to the flesh.

Heb 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Do you know what "the same" means?

Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Does this verse say Jesus was made of the seed of Mary according to the flesh? Maybe you think the Holy Spirit made a mistake here?

Jesus was born with the same nature as the seed of Abraham. I personally do not believe we are born with a sin nature, I believe we all acquire a sin nature through willing sin when we are of age, but I believe we are made upright originally. So, I have no problem with Jesus having a human nature as you do.

Ecc 7:29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

You haven't left Catholicism, you are deeply entrenched and do not even know it.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

More gnosticism

#25 webdog, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have a low view of the Scriptures.
    I gave you Scripture and you call it "gnosticism"??????

7. Gib

Gib Active Member

But He was. End of discussion.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You have an unhealthy high view of your own words (which I bolded) to equate them with Scripture.

9. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Amen brother!

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question is, was a virgin birth necessary for Christ's sinlessness.

No.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I may be wrong, but I think DHK's "gnosticism" is to be preferred to your paganism.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No basis for saying that, but of course you will get away for trolling and unchristlikeness as is the norm. Apparently you abide by extreme dualism, too.

"You may be wrong"...now you are just being a comedian.

#32 webdog, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
  13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    jesus was NOT like ANY other Human being, as he ALONE was and is GOD!

The Jews were expecting another david, a man to be King, annoited by God, yet still just a man!

Why did he come as he did, thru the Virgin Birth? To be Deity and Humanity in one person, and to be born sinless in nature!

IF jesus was just same as rest of us...

Are we all born with sin natures like him?

If so, when do we get ours?

What do we do to have a sin nature if born innocent?

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does God the Son become the "God-Man" if not from a birth of the holy Spirit and a mortal woman? It takes both.

But the assumption that the sin nature comes from DNA is humorous. Jesus, the God-man, had Mary's earthly DNA. But did he have her fallen sinful nature because of DNA? Or is the curse on Adam's race (of which Marry was a normal part) thru DNA or other, spiritual realm that we cannot understand?

Remember just a generation or two ago to even TALK of DNA codes would have raised eyebrows. Today we understand a little about it but are still unraveling tiny bits of knowledge.

BTW, to deny Jesus' virgin birth is to deny He was the incarnate eternal Son. I did not believe in the virgin birth when I was regenerated (hey, I didn't even understand what a virgin WAS at age 10), but did not deny it.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    However it comes about though, due to the fall of Adam, ALL us have partook of that failure, and ALL of us inherited a sin nature, as we are sinners by both birth and choice!

Think some who fail to ses that truth are same ones who exault man free will to us being able to decide to accept jesus or not by ourselves, or even that some could be "pefect" by keeping His Commandments!

16. thisnumbersdisconnected

There we have agreement. 'Nuf said. This ends the discussion.

Thanks, DHK. Good post. :thumbsup:

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Because you agree...the debate is over :laugh:

Are you the baptist pope? :laugh:

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, would say that the Bible does teaches that in some fashion, ALL of us were affected by the Fall of Adam, and were made sinners!

If not born as such, when do we get that sin nature in us and how?

#38 Yeshua1, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
  19. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. He would have inherited a sin nature from His father and, thus, not been an acceptable sacrifice.

20. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Mary had no sin nature? She did not have an earthly father?

I'm assuming that if you claim that the sin nature comes only from the father, then you just about have to believe in the Immaculate Conception of Mary and then, by logical consequence, the Assumption of Mary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.