1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would like everyone's thoughts.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by percho, Oct 26, 2015.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The following written to those called by God and given the very Spirit of the God, the Father and the Son.

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, fn against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Eph 6:11,12 NKJV

I do not know where those mentioned in the related stories above fall in their relationship to God, but what of the rest of creation? Is the rest of creation also in a battle?

For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. Romans 8 NKJV

He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8 -- Has that been totally accomplished or is the following also a part of the destruction?

And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Romans 16:20

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. Col 1:18
    “And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades (the death) shall not prevail against it. (Her) Matt 16:18

Now I am not sure whether this is the local assembly or the, well......?:)

3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really have very little sympathy for this young man. He knew what he did was wrong, admitted it was wrong, and seems to be fully capable both mentally and emotionally to face the consequences of the wrong.

We can all make gestures of "what I would have done had he stayed in my home," but the bottom line is that the young man is responsible.

As far as the mental illness "causing" him to commit murder, here is a document written to help the reader understand the truth : Schizophrenia

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is Satan involved in any manner of the evil of this age of darkness, even in the case above?

5. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. Satan (as Paul said) is as a roaring lion, seeking whom he can devour.

Why else would Paul also say:
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Eph. 6​
    Satan isn't bound, but accuses the believers even in the heavens.