1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would like some input on the following interpretation ....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Sep 30, 2015.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #1 righteousdude2, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
  2. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Generally I would probably agree with the conclusions of the author of the website.

Is there something in particular in the linked article that you are concerned about?

3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's lacking an important element: the destruction of God's enemies in Revelation 19, which takes place at the end of the Tribulation.

Prophecy oftentimes has multiple fulfillments, so the prophecy of Ezekiel can reasonably see an application to a near fulfillment, a later fulfillment, and then a final fulfillment. AN example would be Christ's coming, prophesied and in many ways fulfilled in the Incarnation, but, the Prophecy will also be fulfilled at His Return, and ultimately, the promises of God are fulfilled in the Eternal State. Another would the Tribulation itself, where there is an historical fulfillment, one could see fulfillment in the first century, but there is a specific period yet to come.

So I would see the destruction of God's enemies in Revelation a more specific fulfillment than that which we see in Revelation 20. In both we see their destruction, and their flesh becoming carrion, and, this being just before the Kingdom is established, fits better with the rest of Prophecy in regards to Christ's teachings concerning His Return.

For example:

Ezekiel 39

King James Version (KJV)

1 Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:

2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:

3 And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.

4 Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.

5 Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God.

Luke 17:36-37

King James Version (KJV)

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Revelation 19:17-21

King James Version (KJV)

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

The article actually breaks the harmony of Scripture in not including this event.

I agree in large part with it's treatment of God and Magog, and see these as descriptors much like "Amorite" or "Canaanite" can be used as a general description of a person or people.

God bless.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you both. I concur but wanted a second opinion. I had never quite read this the way it was written up, and while it makes spiritual sense, I wanted a few others to look at this conclusion, without prejudicing your opinions! Thank you very much. :saint:

5. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thoughts are:
    Christ returns sets up kingdom of God. Satan is bound for a thousand years. Judah and Israel are re-gathered established as one kingdom with one shepard
    and are at peace for one thousand years. Satan releases after the thousand years to deceive the nations.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. Rev 20:7,8

That is when the battle described in Ezekiel takes place.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. Rev 20:9
    And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD. Ezek 39:6