1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would Moses be considered

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by UnchartedSpirit, Apr 20, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

The basis for Pentocostal beliefs, even if Moses failed to meet that standard?

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

beasis? Pentocasal?

3. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

sorry, is that better?

4. gekko

gekko New Member

hahaha.

what is the basis for pentocostal beliefs? what do they believe? i dont even know.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Moses did not speak in tongues but "he talked to God face to face" according to God - (God said that while comparing Moses to a prophet - and God said Moses was even greater)

6. wopik

wopik New Member

those who refuse the mark of the beast, are victorious, and sing the song of Moses, the lawgiver (Rev. 15).

The Song of Moses is all about God's Law, about His Commandments.

These Saints have kept the Commandments of God (Rev. 14:12; 12:17) and therefore have a right to sing the song of Moses, the law giver.

-

7. SpyHunter

SpyHunter New Member

While obedience is commendable and all that, the Song of Moses has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Law. Take a look?

Exodus 15:1 Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the LORD, saying, "I will sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea.
    2 The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.
    3 The LORD is a man of war; the LORD is his name.
    4 "Pharaoh's chariots and his host he cast into the sea, and his chosen officers were sunk in the Red Sea.
    5 The floods covered them; they went down into the depths like a stone.
    6 Your right hand, O LORD, glorious in power, your right hand, O LORD, shatters the enemy.
    7 In the greatness of your majesty you overthrow your adversaries; you send out your fury; it consumes them like stubble.
    8 At the blast of your nostrils the waters piled up; the floods stood up in a heap; the deeps congealed in the heart of the sea.
    9 The enemy said, 'I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil, my desire shall have its fill of them. I will draw my sword; my hand shall destroy them.'
    10 You blew with your wind; the sea covered them; they sank like lead in the mighty waters.
    11 "Who is like you, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?
    12 You stretched out your right hand; the earth swallowed them.
    13 "You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed; you have guided them by your strength to your holy abode.
    14 The peoples have heard; they tremble; pangs have seized the inhabitants of Philistia.
    15 Now are the chiefs of Edom dismayed; trembling seizes the leaders of Moab; all the inhabitants of Canaan have melted away.
    16 Terror and dread fall upon them; because of the greatness of your arm, they are still as a stone, till your people, O LORD, pass by, till the people pass by whom you have purchased.
    17 You will bring them in and plant them on your own mountain, the place, O LORD, which you have made for your abode, the sanctuary, O Lord, which your hands have established.
    18 The LORD will reign forever and ever."

So, the saints singing the "Song of Moses" isn't something they sing because they "earned the right to"; they sang that song because the Lamb beat the ever-living snot out of His enemies just Pharoah and his army got brutally owned by God. I'm not Pentacostal, but I find that worthy of a HALLELUJAH!

Blessings,
    SpyHunter

8. SpyHunter

SpyHunter New Member

While obedience is commendable and all that, the Song of Moses has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Law. Take a look?

Exodus 15:1 Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the LORD, saying, "I will sing to the LORD, for he has triumphed gloriously; the horse and his rider he has thrown into the sea.
    2 The LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.
    3 The LORD is a man of war; the LORD is his name.
    4 "Pharaoh's chariots and his host he cast into the sea, and his chosen officers were sunk in the Red Sea.
    5 The floods covered them; they went down into the depths like a stone.
    6 Your right hand, O LORD, glorious in power, your right hand, O LORD, shatters the enemy.
    7 In the greatness of your majesty you overthrow your adversaries; you send out your fury; it consumes them like stubble.
    8 At the blast of your nostrils the waters piled up; the floods stood up in a heap; the deeps congealed in the heart of the sea.
    9 The enemy said, 'I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil, my desire shall have its fill of them. I will draw my sword; my hand shall destroy them.'
    10 You blew with your wind; the sea covered them; they sank like lead in the mighty waters.
    11 "Who is like you, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?
    12 You stretched out your right hand; the earth swallowed them.
    13 "You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed; you have guided them by your strength to your holy abode.
    14 The peoples have heard; they tremble; pangs have seized the inhabitants of Philistia.
    15 Now are the chiefs of Edom dismayed; trembling seizes the leaders of Moab; all the inhabitants of Canaan have melted away.
    16 Terror and dread fall upon them; because of the greatness of your arm, they are still as a stone, till your people, O LORD, pass by, till the people pass by whom you have purchased.
    17 You will bring them in and plant them on your own mountain, the place, O LORD, which you have made for your abode, the sanctuary, O Lord, which your hands have established.
    18 The LORD will reign forever and ever."

So, the saints singing the "Song of Moses" isn't something they sing because they "earned the right to"; they sang that song because the Lamb beat the ever-living snot out of His enemies just Pharoah and his army got brutally owned by God. I'm not Pentacostal, but I find that worthy of a HALLELUJAH!

Blessings,
    SpyHunter