1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Would race be a factor?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Nov 21, 2005.

?
  1. I am a woman and race would not matter

71.4%
  2. I am a man and race would not matter

6.1%
  3. I am a woman and race would matter

10.2%
  4. I am a man and race would matter

12.2%
  5. Opinion not here or not voting

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Prompted by another thread.

Would the race of an attacker be a factor in deciding whether to keep a child who was the result of a rape? Poll open to men and women. Men please answer if your wife was the victim of a rape.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I am a man, race would be meaningless. This would be our child to raise as our own.

3. Gib

Gib Active Member

I have a niece who is racially mixed and the father is not part of her life. I love her dearly. I believe I would want to raise the child.

4. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I don't know that I could raise a child conceived in such a way, whatever the race.

I would probably give it up for adoption. That would allow the child to be raised without the fear the he might find out just how he came into existence.

I would feel humiliated if I found out I was conceived in such a way.

So many loving people out there who can not have children. I think that is what I would do.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

I have actually thought of this before. We had at one time wanted to adopt, we decided the race would not matter at all. Why? because this would be our child, no matter what race it was, or who the birth parents were. What about what other people would think? I also though of that. Would they think I'd had an affair if it were a different color then us? Our decision. Who cares what they think, it doesn't matter one bit. God knows the truth, and He's all that matters.

6. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I could love a child no matter how he or she got here. Sure, it would be a terribly difficult experience, and saying what I would do on this side of something like that seems easy. But if I carried a baby for that long, there aint NO way I am giving it away. I dont care if it were purple. Thats just me.

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Race would not be a factor. A child is a gift from God despite the race or the situation of the child arriving in this world.

8. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A child is a child.
    Speaking mathematically, If race is a factor - then it is also part of the problem.

9. Glory-to-God

Glory-to-God Guest

Donna both threads are talking about RAPE not adoption you seem to be getting the two confused.

I personally would NEVER have a problem with adopting a bi racial child that child would grow up knowing it was adopted...not a product of rape.

Donna honestly what would you do if you were RAPED by someone opposite of your race and it would be evident when the child was born that it wasn't your husbands and it wasn't adopted?

10. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

My wife and my daughters have never been raped - thank the Lord. I get a lot of material from Answers in Genesis - and I believe as Ken Ham does - there is only one race - the human race.

In the question in this poll - I'm assuming that the subject is rape - by a person from another "people group" other than my own.

Remember - God is in control - He is sovereign - and the baby that would be born of that tragedy - is the most innocent of all.

Abortion should never be a consideration - especially by a born-again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Dan Todd

PS - TaterTot - I love and agree with your statement on this subject!

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'm not a bit confused.
    A child is a child, and to tell one it is unwanted is hideous behavior, with no scriptural support what so ever. Shows a total lack of the love God puts in our hearts.
    I have already said what we would do, we would keep it.
    Why should I care what others think, only what God thinks. And saying I can not love my own child is really soemthing to have to answer to God for. How can I say I love the children that come from my husband if I say I do not love another child that comes from my body. I can't.
    Children are a gift from God, no matter how they got there. It is God's choice to give a child if a rape takes place,or not, not man's.
    Nope I'm not the least bit confused, I know what the love of Christ is, and know we are to love our children.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thank you Dan. Everything should go back to scripture. God is in complete control, if He isn't He isn't God.
    And your right, thers only one race of humans.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I can say without any doubt (and my wife told me the same) that IF we suffered the tragedy of rape and subsequent pregnancy, no matter what the race of the criminal, we would gladly and joyfully raise the child as our own. We would love the child just like all of our other children. There is NO DOUBT in either of our minds, NONE!

BTW, so far 13 people way that race would not be an issue and 2 say it would.

14. Elnora

Elnora New Member

There is absolutely NO DOUBT in either of our minds, husband or mine. Agree C4K

Tater, I agree, there is absolutely no way if I carry my baby for all that time, that I would give it up.

[​IMG]

15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the platitudes sound good, but I personally don't know how I would react unless actually faced with the choice!

I do know how I like to think I would handle the problem, but until actually faced with it, I don't know!

This is similar to thinking how I would react if faced with the kidnapping of my daughter by muslim terrorists, and being threatened with her being raped and tortured UNLESS I renounced my faith! I certainly know how I would hope to answer, but could I?

As my daughter has learned, it doesn't pay to be TOO adamant about what you ARE OR AREN"T gonna do, as God has a way of stuffing your mouth with feet AND crow when you start getting that independant!

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'm with Tater and Elnora, you couldn't pry that child from my arms, same as with my other two children, I'd no more let go of it then I would ahve my boys when they were babies(or children even for that matter).

17. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Poll Results: Would raced be a factor? (21 votes.)
    Would raced be a factor?

I am a woman and race would not matter 19% (4)

I am a man and race would not matter 52% (11)

I am a woman and race would matter 5% (1)

I am a man and race would matter 5% (1)

Opinion not here or not voting 19% (4)

18. Elnora

Elnora New Member

just-want-peace,

You may not know how you would react or what you would do, I do know what I would do. There are certain isues I have never changed my mind about. Abortion, keeping my child and "race" being three of them. Your daughter has no bearing on my convictions. It is totally opposite of being independant, it is trusting God to carry you through a trial. And this subject was about race being a factor in keeping a child in the event you are raped not muslim terrorists.

19. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This don't mean squat if you've never had to make the choice. AFAIC, the ONLY person that can (could) say with absolutely no doubt, and be totally accurate, what He would do is Jesus Christ! If you've faced these issues and responded as you predicted/wanted to, then fine. You can then make the claim and be true; but if you've never had to face the choice, well, better not let pride get too big of a grip on you!

Sometimes we get like Peter and are so cocky in our faith that we just may have the opportunity to eat our words

I've never "changed my mind" re: killing someone, BUT if me or my family should be threatened by some dope-head at 3:00 in the AM, my mind just might change pronto!

Again, as stated above, "---the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

And I'm dissapointed that you make such a claim as if I were changing the subject rather than making a point re: the subject. Surely I didn't offend you that much?!

If so, I apologize as it was certainly not intentional!

20. Elnora

Elnora New Member

just-want-peace,

I don't know what choices you have had to make nor the trials you have faced. Nor do I need to. No you mine. Why would I feel pride in doing what I believe is right? I could not do otherwise. I am not cocky in my faith.

Killing someone to protect your family would be a whole lot different than getting mad and murdering and way different than me choosing to keep my child.

I was trying to stay on topic and show you that the subjects were not to be compared. I am sorry really, that I gave you the impression that I am full of pride. I realize that I fail, but on this issue I won't budge. I know that I know, I would keep my child. No offense taken.

[​IMG]